Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service limited to 9-5

Options
  • 05-07-2023 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

AIB used to have strong support for card issues 24/7. You may have had to wait but the agent had capability to solve common issues. This has disappeared which leaves customers vulnerable when issues arises outside of business hours (especially when travelling).

Is there any bank that offers decent support? Looking for credit card support as that is what I'd use for travel (car hire etc.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

The best customer service I personally experienced was KBC Ireland: chat was wonderful, staff well informed, long phone service hours... Unfortunately, Irish banks don't offer anything even close to that.

A quick search gives me:

AIB ph. 0818 724 724, daily (incl. Sat & Sun 9-17).

Lost/stolen card can be reported online or ringing the dedicated line. Opening hours aren't on their website, but assuming it should still be 24/7. AIB is mainly for those who don't mind to do things themselves online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rb2022

Agreed but some items cannot be sorted online which leaves you in a tough spot and without support (even when the issue originates from bank procedures). AIB used to be very good but the agents after 5pm are very limited in what they can do and don't offer real support.

Advertisement