If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 77" OLEDs

Options
  • 30-06-2023 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I see you've the 937 and the 807 both with 1000 GBP off at the moment. First off are these prices likely to stick around for a while? I had been eyeing up the 807 but the HDTVTEST review mentioned problems with chroma overshoot and another review mentioned dodgy ARC performance. Are these things that are still known to be a problem with this TV or have they been patched? Does the 937 perform any better in this areas or is it mostly the soundbar that sets it apart? Is the soundbar something that could be used with another TV? I have a Sony a7000 from you so I'd be using this instead of the Philips Soundbar. How are the stands for both in terms of clearance for an a7000?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Toast,

Thanks for the post!

Those Philips 77OLED screens are amazing. I don't know how long the prices will last though, it's until we run out of stock but we have limited stock of the 77" left so they might fly out quickly, especially at those prices.

I haven't heard anything about Chroma overshoot to be honest - from the ones we've sold we haven' had any negative feedback about picture or ARC performance.

The main difference between the two would be the sound in the 937 and the Bowers and Wilkins soundbar which can also be integrated into the DTS Play Fi wireless ecosystem. Both use the same processor and have HDMI 2.1 and VRR. Saying that, one of my colleagues saw the 937 running and said it's hands down the best OLED he's seen running. The soundbar on the 937 is part of the stand so you would need to wall mount it to completely remove it but you can use the Sony via eARC or optical out.

I'll need to get the stand height for both of them as well but I'll try to get that info for you asap.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Toast

Thanks for the response. I might sit it out until the new models show what they've got.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No problem Toast.

Keep us posted if we can help in any way.

There will be an OLED708, 808 and 908 series this year from Philips

No release date confirmed just yet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.