Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I qualify for JSA?

Options
  • 30-06-2023 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I recently accepted a voluntary redundancy offer where I worked for the last decade. My husband is in full time employment. Three years ago we set up a partnership side business. Now that I have more time I'm hoping to spend more time in growing the business. Given that I own a share of the partnership, do I qualify for JSA or other state benefits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Are you available for work?

If your not then no. If yes, you may get Jobseekers benefit based on your stamps.

Either way, you should apply for credits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

If you were paying PRSI at the correct rate then you may be entitled to JSB which is not means tested. However, you must be looking for and available for full time work and will be asked to show evidence of your applying for full time positions, right from the start.

So if you are working at your self employment project then you are disqualifying yourself from a jobseekers payment.

Advertisement