Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is How Easy it is to Rob your Pride & Joy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The Gardaí will respond if they have resources, they are under resourced, and they are called. Most of the time the person posting the videos hasn't bothered to call them and then blasts them for not being responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Took a while but we are starting to catch up with London now on roaming scum teenagers doing whatever they want (robbing/stabbing/assaults etc.)

I live off the Ballymun Road and every day some scrote flies past on a robbed bike with no helmet, straight through red lights/on footpaths etc. Driving through Ballymun you will regularly see them wheelieing past the Garda station, I assume a lot is drug deliveries but they mostly don't bother wearing helmets, don't stop for any lights and are on unregistered mostly stolen bikes. That's how much fear they have of being caught doing it.

No FACILITEEZ though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They are obviously targeting bikes that have minimal security and can be started with whatever means.

I see plenty of comments about why those who video don't do anything. Easier said than done. I wouldn't want a slap of a lump hammer and I would hazard a guess they'd have no issue swinging it on your direction. Especially as they are fearless to A being caught and B being locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Roads policing have been told by top management not the interact of engage in pursuit. So the scrot is free to rob. We can hope the crash and get life changing injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Madness! That's the exact spot I used to walk to get to the office as well.

Bunch of scumbags and them barely teenagers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The only thing they understand is a hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I can see they broke the disk lock and steering lock. But he then runs and hops on the bike - did he get it started?

Or do they just get around the corner, stop and jimmy the ignition to get it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Zebbedee

I don't understand how the bike started.

Is that bike's key not chipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jeremyr62

The bike isn't started. It will be pushed by the scrotes on the scooter to some place where they will leave it for a day to see if it has a tracker. Then they will collect it. You similar stuff posted on UK forums all the time. The moral is use at least two good quality steel disc locks front and rear, steel being the absolutely essential word. And don't trust advertising. Many locks claim they are steel and are just cast zinc or aluminium alloy. A good steel padlock will put up a decent fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Bunch of feral pond rats. If the justice system was right they would be in behind a big high wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Disk locks are similar to bicycle "cafe" locks. Grand if you're locking your bike for a short time somewhere you can almost see it. But even if you have a good disk lock they just put the wheel on a canteen tray or hubcap and it's gone. I wouldn't park anything nice/new somewhere in public regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Thats probally after the family of one of these scrotes tried to sue the garda after that M50 crash the other year when they were speeding in a stolen car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

they also make minimal use of the resources, such as in drink driving stops that never even happened, tip of the iceberg stuff

they know one one is on the beat, no one is on patrol so no one would turn up in time

the only way to stop this kind of thing is a presence in the city center, they spend their day burning round on stolen bikes and scooters untouched

for a member of the public to call, the to answer the phone, wake up someone, get to a car.... the bikes long gone, its the follow up is the problem, there is none

The reason why the Gardaí don't bother is because when they do catch people committing crimes there's no consequences when taken to court, that's if they even get taken to court by the DPP as young people have to really do something bad to be let off in court.

If your job involved a lot of paper work and record keeping for it all to be completely ignored by your bosses when you catch a criminal and they are let off in court, what level effort would you put into your job? Drop into your local station and ask the Gardaí off the record who doing what crimes in the area and they'll tell you, the majority of crimes are committed by a few people in each area.

If you don't want a slap of a lump hammer don't stand around recording overtly, call the police and record covertly.

that just sounds like every job

their job is to harass those feckers, make their life a pain in the hole, the prisons are full, so people go to jail despite what people say

Their job is the enforce our laws, the problem is our justice system is broken and they are getting the blame.

They can't harass people same as Dublin City council can't put up pictures of people littering as it's against their civil rights!! Then we have the Garda getting charged after 3 scumbags drove the wrong way up a dual carriageway and traumatised a truck driver. Why the feck would they bother doing their job when they can get charged and fired while the criminals get off with a slap on the wrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭newmember2

scumbag knackers

They can of course harass criminals within the law

now this is a perfect example, they have no problem going after easy targets

if the garda arent happy with the system, they need to be part of the solution, strikes etc

a lot of the issues is there is crime prevention strategy, just after the fact

the only garda interaction anyone has is the road traffic police and there is money to be made there

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

The "money to be made there" argument always amuses me. It's silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jeremyr62

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Just make direct action against these thieves immune from prosecution. They know they'll only get a slap on the wrist if caught. Up their risk and they might reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That'll be counted as a "motorcycle casualty" and then ALL motorcyclists will get the blame, life will be made harder for the law-abiding and the lawless will continue to not give a single fúck.

Life ain't always empty.

Whatever about over 18s, and that's bad enough, under 18s can do whatever they want.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Only one solution left

No more borstals for under 18s as it's now the Junior Liasson Officer and trips to Delphi and Xboxes if you are "good", ie not caught being a scumbag with barely a slap on the wrist if you are caught being a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

As someone who's had cars repeatedly stolen over the years I sincerely hope those lads eventually steal from the wrong person and get their heads caved in. Rotten vermin scum.

• Advertisement

Couldn't believe it a while back when I read a court report about a very serious assault, the perps were 'sentenced' to the Junior Liaison Officer. What a fúcking joke.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement