Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEMU (Ireland) bargains (NO CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bargain 2l kettle at €7.60, here a 1.7l is plastic & double the cost

Post edited by zell12 on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bought one, absolute flimsy rubbish. Lasted two weeks before the refund.

What went wrong? The element?

Stopped getting juice from the base. Knew as soon as I picked up the parcel it was rubbish tbh. Weird smell out of it for ages as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I think this thread needs to go back on topic and add it in the title like the amazon thread

Temu is a drop shipper similar to amazon 🤷‍♂️ if people don’t like it then don’t buy it or read about it

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The two items I bought were good quality, useful tools & well under half the price of amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Got a big bag of crap for 30e,2 setee covers(very light but does the job),shower +sink stoppers all decent less than a week, next on list is a sprayer for the weeds,23e

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I wouldn't touch anything electrical from Chinese websites tbh except the odd phone cable etc. Don't know why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Because you know in the back of your mind they're not made to the same safety standards I bet.

I always dump mains cables that come with electrical stuff from china for this reason.

I would bend the plug or connector back and forth to see how poor quality they are and the insulation would turn white and break open after a while.

Not what you want when you're dealing with mains powered equipment!

I also throw out mains usb chargers / adapters also that come free with usb powered stuff also. Some were extremely light made of flimsy plastic. It's not worth the risk.

Usb chargers that come with phones from brands like Xiaomi /One Plus /Oppo etc are okay as they need to pass strict safety standards to be sold outside China.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yeah I can't believe people are buying air-fryers etc from Temu. I'm sure someone will come on and say "they're all made in China anyway yada yada" but something being sold by Tefal in Europe will have higher manufacturing standards than some no-name device drop shipped directly from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Deleted

Post edited by arrianalexander on

Have one of these choppers for years. Good sturdy weapon.

https://share.temu.com/6ozSHuMTVzA

Rubix cube 67c

Fitted sheet queen size pink €6.67, others are €11+

Ordered 10:00 01/09, arrived at door 09:30 06/09. That is fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've had 2 packages delivered by Fastway, both ontime and undamaged. No ring or knock on the door.The tracking info for the recent one says "Authority to Leave – Your parcel has been delivered. According to your instructions a signature is not required."

I dont recall having this option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Fastway and other couriers have been doing this since covid and didn’t change back

dhl will ring the doorbell the odd time

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Couple of things I added to make up a 10 euro spend:

2.4A Braided One Drag Three For Apple Android Type-c Charging Cable 1.2m Charging Cable 3in1 Black Silver Red Golden Blue - €1.69

https://share.temu.com/UJ9HXLsmWGA

Cable Storage Bag Waterproof Digital Electronic Organizer Portable USB Data Line Charger Plug Storage Bag Travel Cable Organizer - €4.94

https://share.temu.com/lHOsZb7caFA

This could be used for cosmetics too as shown in the picture in the app.

Hoodie light grey S M XL €3.87

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well I took the plunge and ordered a few bits from Tamu today. We will see what they are like in 10 days or so I suppose.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am delighted with my first purchase from TEMU. The items are of good quality, and I received them in 9 working days.

Thanks

Draught excluder €1.28 Purchased similar in Aldi 2022 for €3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Get a lot for a tenner in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think I figured out why Im still getting free delivery on items that are 7 or 8 Euro in value. When I was placing my first order I got a message at checkout saying I needed to add more items to bring the total up to €20 minimum. The web pages were all displaying free delivery so I contacted them via live chat and the agent asked where I saw the free delivery so I sent him a screen shot and he said he would remove the minimum spend requirement. Obviously it's been like that since.

Happy days in any event.

Advertisement