Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we break a rental lease because there's a homeless camp outside?

Options
  • 27-06-2023 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

We just moved into a new place.

When we were viewing the place some random lad came out of the bush across the road. I asked the landlord about the random bush person and they said they didn't know.

Seemed a bit dodgy but he literally could have been anyone. Some neighbor or whatever putting compost deep into the bush. I ignored it.

Anyway we ( missus and I ) accepted the house, and last night was our first night here.

This morning the bush lad knocked on my door and asked me for my eircode. I didnt give it to him.

20 mins after that there were 5 people literally falling around the place outside the house by the bushes and fighting each other.

They were the old alco type. No teeth and sunken jaws. The type you'd see screaming at each other broad daylight on a busy street. One of them tried to start a fight with some Polish lad tending to his car.

9.30am, with cans in their hands.

I'm a big fan of day cans but they couldn't even stand up at 9.30am on Monday. Like they were falling straight onto the ground.

It seems I moved into a homeless drunken encampment. I also saw one of them drag an inflatable mattress out of the bush.

My question is:

Could I completely cancel my tenancy right now and get my deposit back?

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement