Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME in primary requirements

Options
  • 26-06-2023 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey all, question about the entry requirements for the PME in Ireland.

I didn't get a very strong leaving cert, well in some subjects. I wasn't to most motivated in school and I'm deeply regretting it now. I pulled my socks up and have an honours degree in business and also an ACCA accountancy qualification. I've recently been considering a career change and would love to do primary school teaching. My problem is the maths, Irish and English, I only have a C3 and I know you need a C2. Is my ACCA qualification sufficient for the requirements for the PME. I don't know where to ask about this and the college's just seem to point me towards the circulars from the government on the requirements which only say that the maths equivalent is a relevent QQI qualification in the maths. So I'm a bit lost and I'm having no luck with Google searches.

Nothing only an arts degree for English and I know I will have to repeat the Irish.

Could anyone out there help me or point me as to where I need to be asking ?

Thanks so much

Jacqueline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RebelRising18

Hi Jackie,

For the PME in Primary School education you will need:

Level 8 degree with a minimum 2:2 grade

Irish H4

English and Maths O4/H7

They are the LC and college requirements for the course.

You will need to repeat the LC irish or if you pass either the TEG B2 or C1 full exam, it will suffice. However I am not 100% sure on that!

Link to TEG website with more info teg.ie

For Mary I/Maynooth/Pats and DCU, you will have to have obtained 65% or more in the TEG B1 exam in order to be eligible to apply. This isn't a necessity for Hibernia however, if you obtain over 65% in the TEG Oral, you won't have to do the Irish part of the interview.

Hope this helps some bit!

Advertisement