Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slowdive - 6th Nov, National stadium

Options
  • 23-06-2023 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

any idea why ticketmaster arent selling standing tickets? they are on available on Tickets.ie but TM would be handier to transfer if i cant go for any reason

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭crl84

I got some standing tickets this morning on TM. Looks like they're sold out now though.

Tickets.ie probably has their own allocation which hasn't sold out yet.

new single out the other day too:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Allocations to different ticketing platforms.

most people only use ticketmaster or didn’t know tickets.ie was selling them so probably why available there and gone from ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Got mine on Tickets.ie no problem. Besides, in my experience, standing/seating in the National Stadium doesn't really matter. You can just wander down to standing if you so wish.

Bit annoyed at the €35 price actually being €39.50 before fees when i went to buy. Still, Tickets.ie about 3 quid cheaper than Ticketbastard at the final total. Found it odd that there were no links on Singular Artists website itself, as they usually have them.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Last few concerts I was at at national stadium they had Stewards at each entry point to the standing area checking tickets and giving standing wristband

Fair enough, last one i was at there was Gilla Band in December and there was no checking going on. Heard it was the same for a few gigs previous to that too.

• Advertisement

At Marc rebillet they were deffo checking people on the floor. That was a sold out show so might be different if less busy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭fourmations

cheers all

as it happens the standing tickets turned up on TM later in the day, odd

ive only been at one gig in the stadium believe it or not and it was Snarky Puppy last year, it was a free for all whether you wanted to sit or stand but it didnt seem to be sold out, plenty of seats free

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Was hoping to wander down to the standing myself, having only had the option to get seated tickets at the time. It'd say it'll sell out, maybe getting there early will be the trick.

Saying that I don't mind sitting for Slowdive as it'll be pretty chill, as long as my view isn't restricted. I had front row seated tickets for Warpaint last year and when I sat there were people standing right on front of me on the same level, and I couldn't see anything. So I just got up and went and stood.

I have to say, I don't like the National Stadium for gigs at all. It's a pain to get to, there's no parking, the sound isn't great, and it just has the feel of being in a PE hall. No atmosphere.

Both are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Da Neck

Gurriers supporting in Belfast & Dub... see yas there x

I find this odd, they are shouty post-punk and Slowdive are definitely not that. I can't see how it'll be a good fit. Slowdive is gonna be pretty chill, based on the new record.

Will be skipping Gurriers and just heading in for the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Oh eviltimeban. That's a bit rude. You've just dissed an actual Gurrier there.

Zero offence taken, I had a great laugh at it. Speaking of the band everyone will *actually* be there to see, we were fortunate enough to be able to watch Slowdive from side of stage a few weeks ago in Poland where they headlined OFF! Festival, it was absolutely **** incredible.

They sound so, so massive live and put on an incredible show with a hell of a psychedelic, ethereal atmosphere and proper "transported to another world" for 90 mins vibe. If you can get down to one of these shows, do it. They're a legendary band and absolutely lovely people who deserve every ounce of their massive 2nd act and all the recognition and respect which they never fully received on their first go round in the 90s.

Regarding the blow ins have bluffed their way on to the bill. If ya make it in for us you might be surprised at what you see and understand why we were asked by the band personally to play with them but either way, we're all in for two very special evenings of music from one band anyway :)

Ha well you got me. No rudeness intended, just curious as to how the two acts will combine on the night. I shall endeavour to catch your set! 🙂

Fair play to you for being asked to perform by the band.

To be fair, the one and only time i saw Slowdive (at EP) they were surprisingly noisey. Then again they didn't have any new material at that point and the new stuff is a lot slicker/cleaner than the older songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

A varied musical evening sounds amazing. Friends of mine saw Gurriers at Loose Ends in the Netherlands and raved about them. I will definitely be going to see them. Can't wait for the gig

That was disappointing. Nah, not this time! The triple whammy of Slowdive/Avalyn/Souvlaki Space Station so early in the set was a very pleasant surprise. Played about 95 minutes and got a great reception from the audience.

Have Slowdive gotten big on Tiktok/Netflix/some other shite? Never had them down as a commmunal experience but there were singalongs, Queen style handclaps and lighters/phones in the air. Most bizarre. Very good gig all told but my mind drifted around the midset point.

Gurriers made the right choice for a high profile support slot, hit 'em with your most rocking tunes and keep the slow/quiet ones to a minimum.

Yeah slowdive have gone viral on TikTok in the last year or so

• Advertisement

Slowdive were incredible, it was a fantastic gig. Played pretty much everything I would've wanted to hear (surprisingly light on the new album). The sound was great and you could really tell it had "last show of the tour" vibes (in a good way). National Stadium can be iffy as a venue (you do feel like you're in a school PE hall) but last night was fine.

I too noted the youth of the audience, I felt old standing where I was! But it's great to see a younger generation get into music like this, good for the bands too who have reformed and getting a really good go of it, also for newer bands who play this kind of music.

It was LOUD. I had ear protection but looking around me, I couldn't see anyone else with them. At one point my nose was vibrating from the bass frequencies 😀. I could see a few people with fingers in their ears here and there, and at the end a few were rubbing their ears. I can't imagine what damage that level of volume could've done to some people - ear protection is essential for gigs!

Anyway, for me the highlight was Golden Hair; whisper quiet at the start and then built and built into a huge crescendo of noise. Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭fourmations

haha i had the nose thing too!! a new experience! and ditto on Golden Hair, highlight of the gig for me but i kinda knew it would be

Fantastic gig. I thought the sound was excellent, everything seemed perfectly clear. Setlist was good, although having seen them a few times before, it does seem like much the same setlist they've been touring since reforming, would have loved to hear them change it up a little on this tour. Loved the wall of noise that a few tracks finished up with. Forgot my earplugs but thankfully no ringing in the ears going to bed.

Only caught the last 3 songs from Gurriers, but thought they were pretty good. Frontman's Grian Chatten-esque pacing around the stage and waving his hands, along with little karate kicks, were a little cringey though.

I got the impression quite a few people didn't know Golden Hair. A bit of chatter at the start and some folks making their way back from the front. I was thinking to myself 'you all just need to be patient. It's gonna lift off here in a minute.'

No nose vibrations for me. Felt the bass in my chest though. Which was nice. Swans did make my ear lobes wiggle before though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Serious jealousy that I miss the Belfast & Dublin gigs. I wonder will they be back again for a festival appearance?

I remember EP was a bad experience for them a few years ago and they haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Are gigs in there always that busy when sold out? Felt like they sold too many tickets. Could barely even get onto the standing area for the support. After going to the toilet during Slowdive, there was no getting back down there. TBH it was more pleasant standing up at the back anyway.

Enjoyed it anyway. They sounded great.

I think the issue with that place is that you can move from the seated area down to the standing area without anyone stopping you. So a lot of people probably did that. Everyone was standing up anyway.

Sometimes they have ticket checkers at end of each stairs before the floor to ensure it’s only standing audience on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

They were headlining one of the tents at the exact same time as Mogwai in the Electric Arena. Both bands have a big crossover of fans so it was piss poor planning. They ended up playing to very few and vented about it online.

Advertisement