Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littering

Options
  • 22-06-2023 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

No hate please but me and my brother were driving today in Cork county in my brothers car. We threw out a pizza box which had my phone number and full name on it. In the last few hours I got a text from a member from the council saying that they have our car reg plate on file and will be involving the guards to get the address of the car even though it wasn’t my car. They said a summons will be sent out Does anyone know what the usual penalty is for this first time offence? Will we have to go to court?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,749 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maybe you shouldn't have thrown out that pizza box? Would have saved you a lot of worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Field east

Will someone hold me back here before I go apesh:t. I hope someone in that car gets the full rigours of the law applied. Your ONLY regret is that you were caught and not a scintilla of a remorse was shown. It is individuals like you that are behind the empty/ half empty chip bags/ boxes, soft drink cans , nappies, etc ,etc that are found along ALL Irish roads

Advertisement