Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever drank before a job interview?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Well I got offered a few jobs after a couple of vodka and cokes so it doesn't defeat the purpose.

I remembered since it was vodka I drank not pints. 🥃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

if the person interviewing you gets a whiff of alcohol then it defeats the purpose of going to the interview.

In your case you either stopped drinking at the right moment or could handle the amount, breath mint etc. Imagine if you went in sloshed or the interviewer smelled it off you. Hence, it would defeat the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

To me as well, what does that tell you that you can't even hold off for about an hour? Better off going for the pint after if that's what you want.

It would be funny if while you are having a pint in the pub before the interview, there was 3 people having coffee, then you meet them in the interview. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Have you got some sort of mental issue or something? You're the one who made this thread and all you want to do is go on about how you had a few before an interview and it was great.

Then when others say its a bit risky what's your reply? "The fact is I got away with it" - are you 12?

Be honest now, the only reason this thread exists is because you want to tell the world you had some alcohol before an Interview and defend that choice at every opportunity. Not all your dogs are barking.

lol its called a discussion, go somewhere else if you don't like it. 😘

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,476 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Before interviewing? Nope. Afterwords? Sometimes to celebrate (or the opposite).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That ecstasy comedown London Dublin badly fitting suit horror show interview story has given me the fear and I haven’t touched that sh1t in twenty years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

Yes, in 2006, I was not doing great at interviews, nerves were bad, so had a couple of scoops before the interview, got most questions wrong, but the manager liked the cut of my jib and took a punt on me.

It was for a four star boutique hotel in temple bar. It was a great opportunity to progress.

It was just the once. But I've no regrets

Advertisement