Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Played it for a good few hours yesterday.

Have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's like Super Mario World if it was made in 2023 instead of 1992. New powerups, new enemies, level design is class.

Total 10/10 from me and would 100% recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

How is the two player? My partner loves Mario and it would be fun to play through together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cool, although I liked the "New" SMB games, they just felt bland after ... 4/5 of them. Really looking forward to giving this one a go

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Amazon price matching Smyths UK site meanwhile at the legion of Doom Irish smyths are still €60

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/gaming-and-tech/mario-gaming/super-mario-bros-wonder-nintendo-switch/p/229761

• Advertisement

Gave it a go just now. Presentation (graphics, music, sound) WAY better than the NSMB games. Movement feels better. Just feels better. There is no time limit on levels which reduces anxiety a lot, plus it gives you as much time as you want to explore. The talking flowers are not annoying (so far), I thought they would be, but they have funny quips at times. Definitely a game to look forward to playing. The wonder seeds transformations are good and shake things up. I think I've only seen a few from the trailers; and they are the early ones. So, yeah, looking good. This + TOTK + Metroid Prime Remastered ... pretty damn decent year for Nintendo on the little old Switch 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

So I'm a good few hours into it, and given it some thought. I really like the animations and colours in comparison to the NSMB series, the badges are a neat idea and will give it some replayability once I've finished the main worlds. I'm not crazy about the music, its a little too different and nothing very catchy. The elephant power up is great but I could take or leave the other two.

The biggest improvement in my opinion is the level design, its really great and there is loads to go back over with the additional badges/powers

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm 4 worlds in (world 1 completely finished) and it's a great Mario game. I'm a bit sick this week so that might be colouring my opinion, but it's a good 8/10 for me right now.

Maybe it's because I was 10 hours into Blasphemous 2 and it was a weird transition. 😅

Yup, excellent 2D Mario game. Nothing especially new, but it's just so well made, polished and playable. And the transformations in each level are great. Yeah, definitely a cure for the winter blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Beat the game yesterday. Loved it. First time playing a 2D Mario game where I felt I needed to go back and replay levels to find the missing Wonder seed. In other 2d Mario games if I missed the purple coin or whatever I didn't care. Just move on to the next level. With this I felt I was missing out on something with the Wonder effects.

Brilliant game!

• Advertisement

Just finished the main game, which is easy if you've played a load of these games. Boss fights are meh. Apart from that it's the real deal. My favourite Mario 2D platform game.

Bump.

Finished almost everything a few weeks ago. Went back this weekend to finish the Final Final Test (Badge Challenge).

I think this level has added at least 5 hours to my playtime.

I think all but 2 sections (Spring and Invisible) are manageable (albeit after lots of practice). That last invisible level can get f**ked though. That level is pretty much the last thing you do in the whole game, so who thought that level would be fun? It's memorable for all the wrong reasons. It's like having a fantastic meal in a restaurant, and finishing with a terrible dessert.

After hours and hours of playing it, I finally beat the last level and.... missed the top of the fecking flag pole.

I can do most sections on auto-pilot so I'll get it tonight. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I tried playing online, but most people dropped out by the time I got to the end, so I had no standees to help me.

Adding a tiny strip of tape to the bottom middle of the screen is really helpful for invisible jumping.

Brilliant game overall though. Loved it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finished Mario Wonder main game, only have 1 level left and its torture...... the final badge test.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Was going to ask if this game is any good as it would make a nice stocking filler for my young lad (who loved Odyssey & 3D World), but seeing some of the comments its definitely worth getting...?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yes, it is brilliant :) My little lad loves it

Yeah it's a brilliant game and pretty easy for the most part. He'll love it.

I finished the medals last night. Had to grind for purple currency for about an hour to get all standees, but I'm fully finished at last.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Cheers lads..

I've already ordered a copy from Amazon..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That last invisible level can get f**ked though.

100% agree. I had the first half of that section down thanks to a rubber band around the screen, but the Bloomp part sucked. The checkpoint was far enough back that it couldn't be practiced, it made me want to feck the Switch across the room every time I bounced wrong.

Overall I enjoyed Wonder. The badges are an interesting addition, though most I never used more than required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Have to say, while the game was good it's def not 10/10 stuff.

It's just a run of the mill Mario. The power ups are pretty poor. Elephant Mario doesn't really add anything new.

I'm just on the Special world levels now. Have ticked off all the levels and worlds.

Zero replayability for me tbh. Will try swap with someone for Pikmin4 I'd say once I do these special world levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Finished up last not, agreed with others on the Spring and Invisibility on the final final level, just more a war of attrition, glad its done now.

Beyond that felt it was very very childish and easy for the most part. Still an enjoyable game and worth playing

• Advertisement
Advertisement