If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 42 tv

Options
  • 20-06-2023 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I am looking to get a new tv. Limited in space so has to be under 48". I'm thinking of the lg c2, but just wondering if any others you would recommend particularly with the Philips sale on. Budget would be c. €1100

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey ldl_84.

Thanks for the post.

For the moment Philips only go as low as a 48" in their OLED range.

Its a pity a 48" didn't fit as its a great deal on the 48OLED807 @ 1149€ and with the 55OLED807 at 1199€ is an even better deal.

The LG 42C2 is a fantastic television and currently priced at 1079€ delivered and including our VIP 6 year guarantee.

There really isn't anything else to compete with the LG in the 42" OLED or at that price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ldl_84

Thanks Kenny.

I see the c2 48 has £80 off it at the moment and is now cheaper than that 42" will there be a discount coming for the 42"?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi ldl_84

Thanks for the post. At present there is nothing on the 42". Our prices can be very fluid and react to the market very quickly, so it would be worth keeping an eye on our website. It's a shame you can't fit the 48" as it is cracking value at the moment

Regards Stephen

Thanks Stephen.

It is a great deal for the 48". Unfortunately I'm stuck with 1m of space

I see on your UK website there's discount on soundbars with LG at the moment when bought with a TV. Is this available with yourselves also? And if so what would you recommend and how would the LG compare to a Sonos beam gen 2?

Hi ldl_84.

The soundbar deals listed on the .co.uk site also apply to ourselves.

It depends which soundbar you are comparing to the Sonos Beam.

The soundbar deals on the 42C2 are for the Save £100 on the LG S75Q which would be better than the Beam for sound quality but the Beam has more features via the Sonos App.

There is also £200 off the LG USE6S. This is a close one as it will do Dolby Atmos where as the Beam will not but I personal fell the beam is better that this. (I've a beam myself at home paired with Some play 1's for surround sound and its sounds excellent and with the Sonos app make the difference).

Also the LG S80QR or the S95QR soundbar HALF PRICE which are both superior to the Beam but also retail at more than twice the price and the S95R is over three times as expensive.

• Advertisement

Hi

What is the price of the LG S80QR and lg c2 42 combination with the 50% offer and is it off the euro price of just the gbp?

Hi ldl_84.

The 42C2 priced at £979 and the soundbar would drop to £349.50. Total would then be £1335.49 delivered.

The soundbar deal is currently only available on the sterling retail.

Hi guys,

Just ordering the tv today but just wanted to ask about wall mounts and what you would recommend? The space it's going into will be framed to no side access so probably need some form of cantilever to be able to get access to the back.

Thanks for getting back to us Idl_84 and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'd recommend the Sanus VMF720 which has quite a smooth release so is easy to move in and out when you're connecting cables:

Let me know what you think of this one!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I placed my tv order last night is it possible to amend and add this bracket also?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for the emails this morning Idl_84 - that's all sorted for you.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.