Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query on standalone new building occupying 90% garden

Options
  • 19-06-2023 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello

My neighbour is building what i can see is a separate unit (not attached/extension to existing semi d) in their back garden.

I have not discussed nor do i know if planning has been sought for what they are building. I have read in the SDCC leaflet

'any extension does not reduce the area of private open space to the rear of the house reserved for the occupants of the house, to less than 25 square metres. '

Clearly 90% of their available garden now is occupied by this construction. Am i right in thinking that possibly they are in breach of planning here and also as i say its not an extension that i can see.

I will contact SDCC also to check this out

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement