Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports PL Commentary

Options
  • 18-06-2023 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Well as we know by now Martin Tyler has left Sky but just announced is Peter Drury to take over the the mic next season.

Have listened to him for years and as recent on NBC.

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I hope Peter continues to let us know what we're about to watch is live.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Yeah heard that too. Think the Golf too shares experts and commentators too on both channels

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The guys themselves are probably all freelance, and can be hired by whoever wants to pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Comcast owns both Sky & NBC I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Didn't want to start a new thread, but isn't Sky Sports red button content usually in HD? It's poor that so much of the afternoon coverage of The Masters is behind the red button and in SD.

I know that the afternoon coverage being behind the red button has a lot to do with the organisers of the tournament being difficult. But surely it should be in HD.

It doesn't help that there's some sort of technical fault with the Sky RB on my sky plus box. TNT RB etc is working fine

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It never was before. Maybe that’s changed but it was certainly SD only for years.

Not saying it shouldn’t be, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Most of the red button stuff is in "HD" these days when it's streamed. However, a lot of sky's golf coverage seems to be sourced from web feed (most noticeable during lesser tournaments, featured groups etc).

It often has that jerky or less than perfect look to it. I've noticed the less than perfect picture quality in a lot of their tennis coverage too. Seems to be a general lowering of quality since the American takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Could have sworn I watched some football on Sky behind the red button in HD a while back, but who knows...

This other thing with them putting some content on their app is really annoying. Especially if one doesn't have a tablet, which I don't. That means watching it on the phone. They should also be putting this content on sky go.

However, I am grateful they have been putting Bundesliga. 2 on their youtube channel. At least I can put that on the TV.

Advertisement