Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any B&M stores in Dublin give discount/haggle

Options
  • 12-06-2023 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing the answer is no, 😭

It's just all of the stores I'm looking at have the exact same price for a Seiko so it must be a fixed price.

But I'm willing to chance a haggle, had anyone had any success in Dublin. Weir/Fields/Moore's etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,005 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Those type of stores don't do haggling I'm afraid.

Although it would be good craic if they did. I could imagine doing my shop in Tesco, and when the cashier says, "that's €82.56" I could reply, "I'll give you 75".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Have you tried Chrono24? I got a new seiko Prospex recently from Italy at a couple of hundred under the price quoted by Irish shops. If it’s a popular model there’s a good chance you’ll get it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

I haggled before in McDowells for other wedding rings and stuff and got a discount on a Tissot . But that was with a bunch of stuff. This I definitely will be buying solo

But I'm wondering do Seiko restrict the price like Apple? Seems to be.

I'll try anyway.

Ya tried Chrono24 Taiwan, Hong Kong and USA , so all dearer when factoring customs etc.

Result ! Got a nice Seiko Presage Cocktail edition.

Surprised really as it was showing the same price everywhere.

I don't like to show a sellers hand but I got a nice discount from Rocks in Stillorgan. (No affiliation).

I mentioned that Fields were offering a % discount online and they beat their price straight away. Think that's up after this Father's Day weekend. Check the online prices though as initially they were charging a bit more instore compared to online.

They've some nice Seiko's out there btw, a lot more Presages compared to other places.

Cheers all, just goes to show it's worth having a look in Ireland first. If I went 2nd hand online it would have been at least €150 more expensive!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement