Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Didn’t cancel my Bord Gais account after moving out

Options
  • 09-06-2023 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Lads,

It was my first time renting a property in Ireland, I set up my gas account and paid all the bills until I moved out. I didn’t know I had to call Bord Gais to cancel my account because I didn’t know that’s how it works here cause where I lived before, bills were issued to the property so I just cancelled the direct debit from my bank account, and now there’s a company sending me warnings to me saying that if don’t pay the €470 they will pursue legal action.

I Called Bord Gais and they say I have to sort it out with the new tenants but it’s been almost a year since I moved out and if I were to talk to them they’d probably thinks it’s a scam or something.

has anyone gone through that? Any advice?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with disputing a ban on boards.ie. Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

ooof.

here is the link to read,

one key point!

"Please keep in mind that amending closing estimates is at the discretion of the corresponding network company and may not always be approved." So be very nice, but very firm.

you are probably asking BG to eat a loss of thousands of euro, they may meet you halfway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Pay the €470. Be thankful it's not more than that.

Next time you sign a contract for anything, anywhere, find out in advance what you should do when it's time to end the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,881 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Advertisement