Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike driving test U turn or 3 point turn?

Options
  • 09-06-2023 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

does anybody know if i can do a 3point turn instead of a U turn for the driving test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Do you have a bike you can't do a U-turn on ?

You may be better off borrowing a bike that can if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭muddle84

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd suggest you get a lesson or two... First to teach you proper bike control and second to let you know what the expectations are for the test. If you can't do a u-turn you've probably got some learning to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I vaguely remember something about exceptions for bikes that literally can't do a U-turn. Some sports bikes have a very short lock so can't do it but you need to do your homework on this one and verify everything you hear / read because it's your licence at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

A three point turn on a bike test ? Seriously? 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I've yet to see a bike you can't do a u-turn on: the public road they use for the test is big enough to u-turn a GoldWing or Harley on.... I've even seen a guy do it on an R1......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A friend did their test on a ZXR400 years ago and the tester said he could use the footpath as the bikes turning circle was too big, he needed to use the footpath.

Advertisement