Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts

Options
  • 05-06-2023 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked on a previous post. Has anyone ever bought private or from one of the many shops on adverts, im looking at the S23 ultra which obviously is cheaper from either of these 2 options. Is there any method of checking the authenticity of a phone through the imei or other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Check the imei (both if dual sim), check for signs of damage unless sealed, buy from a reputable seller only, and if possible get a receipt from the shops. Some of the private sellers are way better to deal with than the shops depending on what you are buying and that's only anecdotal from myself.

Also, if you are getting a samsung don't forget to check out the samsung student site for 10 to 15% off and I think the last time I checked they were doing cash back so it could possibly end up cheaper than adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Always buy from Private sellers opposed to shops on Adverts. Some private sellers may even have Samsung receipts. Just look for someone with good feedback.

Advertisement