Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for someone switching to vaping

Options
  • 01-06-2023 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

After 15 years of smoking, I have decided to stop. I know I won't be able to quit cold turkey (I tried many times before). I would like to transition to vaping in the interim. I never smoked vapes and have no clue about them. Please share the main advice for someone new to vaping. Especially what vapes I should get, what options there are, where to buy them, etc.? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

When I started vaping, I went to a bricks & mortar shop with knowledgeable staff. They gave me good vaping advice (not psychological!) and I keep buying from them even though they're probably a few cent dearer than the 'internet'. I've settled into a routine that suits me so I don't really need their advice anymore but it's good to know they're there if I need it.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Noahh_Wl

Great decision! I have experience of switching from smoking to vape, so I can give you a couple of basic tips. You're on the right track)

The main thing is not to overuse it сos it can be difficult at first. Start with short vaping sessions to get used to the sensation. You don't need to replicate your smoking habit exactly. Vaping is different.

For the first time choose a simple and user-friendly device. Pod systems are a great option for beginners cos they're small, convenient and require minimal maintenance.

When it comes to flavors it completely depends on your taste and preference. I mean someone like strong flavor and someone like mild. From my experience (and most vapers TBH) choose better something light and sweet, closer to fruit and berries.

Next tip: to avoid strong addiction, you should consider nicotine levels when selecting an e-liquid. Since you're transitioning from smoking, you might want to start with a nicotine strength that matches your smoking habit and gradually reduce it over time.

Choose reputable brands for e-liquids and devices! That's very important if you want quality device for a long time. Quality e-liquids also can enhance your vaping experience and reduce the risk of potential health concerns.

Actually there are many good pod systems but for the first time try Caliburn A3 or Geek Bar. Hope you'll find my tips useful) I'll be glad to give you more advice if you have any more questions

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mod hat: Just to remind anyone posting in this forum who may be a vendor that they should read the charter. Persistently advertising your site or products will result in a banning.

Advertisement