Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good weather: Are you getting scared yet?

Options
  • 01-06-2023 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭

For the third year on the trot we are getting glorious weather for weeks at a time. I'm sure the hosepipe ban will be along shortly at this stage followed by some wildfires. I am almost tempted to run to the dealer to splurge 30,000+ on a new EV in the hope of cooling the country back down to the comfortable washout summers of years gone by.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I swear you'd be moaning that your pants were too heavy if your pockets were filled with gold.

Would you not just enjoy the bloody sunshine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

This is the perfect weather for me. Sunny but not hotter than 25degrees. The odd bit of cloud. Great to be spending time outdoors and seeing people enjoying themselves too.

A few weeks of this makes up for the soggy weather we have most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Ah jaysus can't be enjoying sunshine now can we? Has the years of climate doom brainwashing by media outlets had no effect on you at all? If you're outside now and it's over 20 degrees you should be feeling bad for the poor feckers in the middle east getting parched in the 50 degree heat and no means of cooling themselves down and it's all because of people in Ireland living a Westernised lifestyle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sure this whole global warming is mad, only a few weeks ago they said Ireland would actually drop in temperature instead of seeing hot weather due to global warming because of something to do with a gulf stream.

All I can say is enjoy it while we have it because it wont last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Yeah the temperature is perfect. I'm getting a great tan without getting burnt. Plenty of women out in shorts and tank tops. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Getting lashed out of it in Spain. So the Lord giveth and and taketh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Wetter and milder I thought was the prediction for Ireland in years to come

Anyway great bloody weather this week- lovin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Jaysus you'd be raging if you were on holidays there now. I know a few people that went to Croatia recently and it was the same there.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Tavrin Callas

It's too hot for me, but I admit I'm a wimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

In majorca at mo. It lashed yesterday ☹

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s not hot, just a bit warm and I’ll take it…..

id love the opportunity to live in the south of France… 7 months of t-shirt weather ….rest of the year, nicely mild.

have nice modern and powerfully effective Klarstein fans in most rooms, Id say in years to come I’ll be buying aircon units.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Love when the weather is like this and the summer dresses, tank tops etc. are out. Irish women can compete with any other nation when the sun's shining.

Its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭brokenbad

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wonderful warm sunny weather after a pretty lacklustre May for the most part - and a decidedly chilly April.

Loving the weather - sunny, dry, clear skies, warm but not hot. 😎☀️☀️ Getting that much-needed Vitamin D from the sunshine does me a world of good in terms of my mood! 😊

Also lots of nice male eye candy jogging in their shorts in the park... 😁😜

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Smartphone 1

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The summer drownings have started already and there will probably be carnage on the roads this bank holiday weekend. Add to that hose pipe bans, forest fires and violence fuelled by drink, drugs and horniness from the heat. Beaches will be thronged and there will be litter, piss and sh*te (dog and human) everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

It's not too bad at the moment. I don't mind a bit of sun just once it doesn't get too hot and with the humidity. I have noticed that the last few years as well. Before we'd rarely have continuous days of sunshine and hardly any rain now it seems to becoming more frequent year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Has there been a t!tty top hatch yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

I wasn't afraid but I am now, total attack of the sneezles ribs are killing me and I have the spare key for the family sea side holiday home. Me and my wife are off tomorrow and can be packed and ready to leave at dawn. She doesn't want to leave her 'babies' her pot plants and apple tree without water. Due to other on the street local elements which my wife can't deal with I can't leave my wife on her own so we're stuck in town. I'm not in for an easy relaxing weekend, my eyes are going nuts nose is running like a tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Paying an obscene amount on an EV because of climate change; might as well piss on a wildfire for all the difference it makes.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

Its feicin mighty weather lads. Its not that overly hot either, I work outside in a heavy manual labour setup and its just perfect. Plus its lasting well into the weekend times. Its just mighty. Everybody in the evening times just lounging or excercising outside, all in great form. Its class.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TinaTiernan

The climate disasterists are sitting at home with semis waiting for the second they can come out with "tHiS iS tHe ReSuLt Of ClImAtE cHaNgE"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The current weather is perfect. And yet there’s still sightings of women in heavy coats and scarves. 

Could nearly do with a scarf on the east coast this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Mad that, I'm paying €32,950 for my brand spanking new EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭glitterIsland

I usually hate the sun and the heat but this is lovely weather. It's hot but not too hot. It's bearable. I am following sun safety guidelines and I am not lounging outside in the sun and I am do my best to avoid the day time heat because it can be hot.

I used to be tomboy when I was younger. I never had the confidence to wear dresses. I threw all care out the window and I am wearing summer dresses this year and it's so much more better. Before I would wear pants or shorts and the dresses are so much more better and I think it helps with the heat. To avoid the thigh problem I am wearing some anti chaf shorts and they help and it's still so much more bearable. I will never ever again wear pants in summer.

I used to struggle and moan heavily like a pregnant cow in other heatwaves but so far it's bearable.

I don't know how some people can go around wearing jeans and heavy clothing in weather like this.

Always envious of summer dresses in sweltering weather,must be great to have a breeze up around the undercarriage.

The Arabs have the right idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭RoboRat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Baba Yaga

scared...? no....enjoying it...? yes most definitly 😎

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Advertisement