Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - June 2023

Options
  • 01-06-2023 9:07am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lovely morning in Greystones to kick off summer. Clear/sunny. 12.8c atm.

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Perfect sunny day with a Max Temp of 21.2c

Currently 19.3c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fine morning in Greystones. Partly cloudy. 12.6c atm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely start in Greystones. Clear/sunny. 13.9c atm.

Another lovely start in Greystones. Clear/sunny. 14.2c atm.

Yet another lovely start in Greystones. Clear/sunny. 14.8c atm.

Despite the great weather, not getting any great heat here. High of 16.5c yesterday, which was highest for this spell.

• Advertisement

Yet another lovely start in Greystones. Mostly clear/sunny. A few fair weather clouds inland. 14.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Trim, Meath..... Mix of sun and clouds, a light to fresh but rather cool breeze and a far cry from my day at the longford house yesterday where it was almost completely calm with a maximum temperature of 25°.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

You wouldn’t want to be going to Portugal on your holliers!

If you know anyone going there best to say nothing.

The weather in Portugal during summer has become rather finicky and unreliable in the past few years, especially along the western coastal areas. Guaranteed fine weather is often not possible.

Sun/blue sky making a reappearance in Greystones. 13.9c atm.

• Advertisement

wasn’t it low pressure off Iberia that gave us 33c (and 40c in the UK) last July?

I think it was?

As we all well know there is a permanent area of high pressure in that area during the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cold and raw feeling in overcast conditions in Loughlinstown, southern Dublin. Done with this easterly.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Cloudy and breezy morning in Greystones. 12.9c atm.

After a fine start, another, cloudy and breezy morning in Greystones. 12.3c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloudier , hazy today in Kerry with difused sunshine getting through, light refreshing breeze, 19.6C.

Beautiful at the house in Longford again today, mostly clear and just a light breeze. Not as warm as recent days with a temperature of 18° at the moment but it is still the morning so may get a bit milder.

Cool, mostly cloudy and verging on windy in Trim, currently about 14°. A different world!

Still not as cold as eastern coastal areas where it looks to be only 12/13° and I'd say it's even cloudier in those areas with the wind cutting ya in two!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely day catching up on the garden with grass cutting, 21.1C now with a steady light breeze with a few stronger puffs enough to blow my hat off 😀

Light stratus with hazy patches .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 doyle55

11°C difference between Shannon and Dublin at 1 pm.

Sun starting to make an appearance now in Greystones. 13.2c atm.

Hazy clear and sunny morning Greystones. 14.6c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Has the makings of a perfect summers day. Fair weather, barely a breeze and feeling warm, absolutely love it!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Mostly cloudy and humid in Greystones. 15.3c atm. Looks like showers not too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

When did it last rain in Dublin I have forgotten at this stage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rain on and off since this morning. 2.8mm recorded, Temp 17.2c

In Cork it has been raining since this morning, but just insipid drizzly rain... and the humidity has been building for the last couple of hours. It is sweltering! Reminds me of when I was in New Orleans during a storm a few years ago (late October - summer is supposed to be intolerable there). 🥵

Would love a good strong heavy downpour.

Torrential downpour in Trim, Meath for the past 5 minutes. Was not expecting rain of this intensity.

Back in Greystones. A wet start. 7.4mm. Rain easing now. 15.4c atm.

depends on which part of Dublin, on Thursday the Drimnagh and Crumlin area was under flood water (thankfully not for long) someone described to me a downpour as ‘biblical’ in the city centre, I got nothing about 3km away but could hear the rumbles.

the rain passed through quickly this morning and only 8mm, 16c compared with 25c yesterday!

Edit: cringe! I just noticed the post I replied to was June 10 (morto)

Susprising though that this thread is so slow moving.

My point is that some parts of Dublin had torrential rain on Thursday while other parts missed out.

Fresher day with a couple of big showers in the last few hours here near Tralee, heavy overnight rain with a total of just short of 20mm so far. Nice in the sun , should get increasing sunny spells on the Western side if the country, 15.9C atm

• Advertisement

Sunny and breezy morning in Greystones. 16.4c atm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement