Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ante post football bets 2023/24

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Never had any luck with these CL group stage accas, don't know why I keep throwing money away on them. The groups look so predictable before they start though, all the pundits are predicting either the same winner or the same rwo to qualify from most of them.

Bayern the biggest letdown though, who'd have thought they'd fall at the home to Copenhahen hurdle?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

This looks dead in the water coming into 24' which is annoying as ive have had a big antepost bet so fecked at christmas before. United and Rennes been in rotten form and not really optimistic for any recovery in 24, so this looks dead in the water. Amazingly, Still have some outrights going ok - Stockport/Bolton/ Leicester o/r , the aforementioned with Chesterfield /City o/r , and a couple of accas going with city Leicester Wrexham o/r. Anyone else got anything good going into 24?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

My Solanke 100/1 top goalscorer without Haaland is flying, the rest are middling!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭jacool

I'm not so sure

Man United top 6,   7th -2 points

Leicester top 6,        1st 25 point adv

Bolton top 6,           3rd 5 point adv

Stockport top 7,       1st 12 point adv

Chesterfield top 7,   1st 15 point adv

Aberdeen top 6,       8th -3 points

AC Milan top 4,        3rd 9 point adv

Rennes top 6,          10th -7 points

RB Leipzig top 4,     4th 3 point adv

Atletico top 4.          5th -3 points

As a 32/1 shot you need Aberdeen to improve and maybe Bilbao to falter. Rennes just beat second place Nice, so you would expect them to improve. In the Premier League, if Villa keep going that's 5 places gone and you would be looking over your shoulder at a resurgent Chelsea to scupper Man Utd. If it was my bet, the strugglers would all recover and Bolton would lose their last 3 games, but that's just me!

• Advertisement

Added another couple of accas recently as cover for the legs that are going sour in my pre-season ones

Bayer Leverkusen German Bundesliga Winner/Hibernian Scottish Premiership Bottom 6 Finish/Burnley Premier League Relegation/Girona Spanish La Liga Without Barcelona & Real Madrid

Hull Sky Bet Championship Top 6 Finish/Liverpool Premier League Winner/Jude Bellingham Spanish La Liga Top Goalscorer

First one is actually looking good as Bayern and Atletico Madrid are not picking up as anticipated in their respective leagues...

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

what prices were the selections in the first acca??

respectively 2/1, 4/5, 2/9, 4/6,

Leverkusen currently 10/11, neck & neck with Bayern

You were right jacool should have had your faith! United 4 wins on the bounce and Rennes unbeaten in 9. Right back in the mix with this one could do with Aberdeen picking up a bit.

15-Jan-2024                20-Feb-2024

Man United top 6,   7th -2 points                    6th, 6 point adv

Leicester top 6,       1st 25 point adv              1st 27 point adv

Bolton top 6,          3rd 5 point adv                3rd 10 point adv

Stockport top 7,      1st 12 point adv              1st 14 point adv

Chesterfield top 7,  1st 15 point adv             1st 30 point adv

Aberdeen top 6,      8th -3 points                  8th -5 points need Warnock magic to kick in

AC Milan top 4,       3rd 9 point adv              3rd 7 point adv

Rennes top 6,         10th -7 points                  7th -2 points

RB Leipzig top 4,    4th 3 point adv                5th -1 point

Atletico top 4.          5th -3 points                   4th 2 points adv

Still game on. Good news is that 50% loo home and hosed. You might be sweating on the final weekend!

• Advertisement

And the League 1 teams appearing in my accas would be none other than Portsmouth, Derby, Bolton & Batnsley. If only my tough was so sure with other leagues...

Have also had a punt on Inter to be losing CL finalists again

Bayer Leverkusen German Bundesliga Winner/Hibernian Scottish Premiership Bottom 6 Finish/Burnley Premier League Relegation/Girona Spanish La Liga Without Barcelona & Real Madrid

Was sweating on Hibs yesterday, needed a very late equaliser for Motherwell to see them home. Deal not quite sealed as Girona have started to falter in the home straight. Even if Atletico do pip them though, this one comes back into play

Coventry @ 8/11 Top Half Finish/Bayer Leverkusen @ 5/4 Top 4 Finish/Arsenal @ 6/4 Premier League Winner Without Man City 23/24/Atlético Madrid @ 5/6 La Liga Without Barcelona & Real Madrid 

Also retain hopes for

Leicester to win the league & Huddersfield and Rotherham to be relegated @ 40/1

Norwich to be promoted, Ipswich to finish in top 6 & Sunderland to finish in top half @ 20/1

PFA POTY Rice

Griezman CL top scorer (e/w) @ 80/1

and at a stretch

Ipswich to be promoted, Norwich to finish in top 6 & Millwall to finish in top half @ 20/1

Hull Sky Bet Championship Top 6 Finish/Liverpool Premier League Winner/Jude Bellingham Spanish La Liga Top Goalscorer

Chelsea and Portsmouth to finish in top 6, Bradford to finish in top 7 & Nunez to score 15+ league goals @10

Golden Gloves: Onana

Post edited by Loafing Oaf on

Was following up on a bet for a buddy, and went back to the RP.

Mark Langdon went for these 4 at 3400/1, the three league clubs at 2000/1 and promotion for Ipswich, Portsmouth and Stockport at 60/1. He got 50% of his big bet up last night, and I'm convinced Man City are over the line, so I would say he'll have some sweat on the Championship for the next few weeks! His only disaster would be for the Tractor Boys to slip into the play-offs and lose to a resurgent Southampton or the likes.

I see @Collie D did an e.w. acca on Man City, Leicester, Bolton, Stockport. That must be nearly in now (place part)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Small enough money on the ew acca and Bolton can still mess up the place part of it. Also did trebles from the four so Leicester the nervy one there.

At one point around Jan/early Feb the fourfold was just under 10/1 best price and then the wheels came off for Leicester and Bolton. But a nice season long interest and still a chance of a healthy profit.

Advertisement