Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth moving to Abu Dhabi?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I worked in Dubai for a while. Was a really nice place. The only issue was the heat. Some people cant get used to it, but most are fine.

We came home eventually but you save a life changing amount of money in a short time. You could work there for 3 to 5 years, come home and buy a house with cash and live off the rest of your cash for a few years while you max out your pension from your salary in Ireland.

You also make lots of contacts. For example I have retired now (and the age I retired at is down to the money we made in Dubai), but if I ran out of money and wanted to go back to Dubai I could do that tomorrow, stay for a year and come home with over €50k saved after all living expenses for the year.

The money is really good and you can have great craic there. Its not nearly as stifling as people who have never been make out. And the money you save as well as the option to easily go back for a while will really change your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah this is the way mine was done too but I know the process can be started outside. You basically finalise it inside

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Baxtrax

Great to hear your feedback thanks! €50K in one year saved, that must be for a really high salary? What do you reckon is good enough salary to be able to save decent amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Baxtrax

Thanks ~ yeah company said I will have to apply for partners visa in advance. Probably a tourist visa but I need company to send my flight bookings first before being able to apply for the visa!

Hoping visa processing won't take too long

Advertisement