Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAME Electric gates

Options
  • 29-05-2023 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Question

I recently changed the batteries in my CAME electric gate fob (No sure of the model etc)

inside the fob the lights works, when open/close button is pressed so I know the batteries are working but pressing these buttons no longer opens the gate

I have manually opened and close the gates but obviously want to be able to use the fob.

Is there any kinda of reset that needs to be done after doing the manual over ride?

Juts looking to cover the obvious items before getting somebody out to have a look.

Appreciate the model may be required but sometimes there is a a generic solution to these types of problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Perhaps it’s not the fobs

are the photocells working correctly or blocked wave your hands in front of them and listen for a clicking noise

have you a button on your intercom handset that opens your gates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I will check the photocells but I know they aren't blocked.

I don't have an intercom handset - I just have 2 keyfobs for opening the gates - the gates were installed when I bought the house a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

When I wave my hand past the photocells there is no clicking sound.

Next step I am going to change the fuse on the internal fuse board to see if that fixes the issue.

The gates are rarely used so doubt it could be a mechanical issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Power cycle the controller by turning the breaker off and on again. Worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Probably slug get in on board ;)

Advertisement