Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coax to HDMI queries

Options
  • 29-05-2023 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

a friend purchased a new TV but he had 2 inputs into the TV he replaced which he needs to converted to inputs his new tv supports

The cables are coming from analog cameras in front and back.

Cable 1 - what i see one is a RCA (red only) to a scart adapter and then to TV

Cable 2 - this looks to be just a coax antenna cable

so hes looking for the best options to convert these to digital for his TV to HDMI

Would anyone be able to direct me to where best to purchase. From what i see most converters are over 20e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does the new TV have RCA inputs? A lot of the time, there are three 'component' (RCA/phono) sockets and one of them is capable of doubling as a 'composite' socket. On the co-ax, surely the new TV has an aerial (co-ax) socket so can't see what the issue is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

Thanks

so i was able to get one camera by using a scart to hdmi adapter

the 2nd camera has has an RF aeriel which i am unable to display in the screen

Wehn i try to chenge the source to the aerial input, the TV Fire TV OS looks to scan for channels and not output the signal. Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Have you let it scan for channels? It probably still has to find the frequency the camera is outputting. If available might want to scan analogue as well as digital depending on how old camera is.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

ya.. i was only there for a short time and tried a scan.. not sure if i tried them all but it gave options for uk or Ireland then cable or terrestrial.. got no results

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've tried ebay, Amazon and Aliexpress, all a pain in the ****, now I don't go anywhere except for Free TV Satellite, Aerial & CCTV Supplies | Free the TV | Shop Now, use the contact us page to explain what you are looking for and they'll sort you out. Prices are extremely competitive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement