Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Speakers - upto 25% off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Are the Beam / Arc considered good soundbars? Can they replace 5.1 setups?

I guess you can create a 5.1 setup if you buy extra speakers and hook them up right?

Would having just a Beam / Arc solve the streaming issue of quiet voices and crazy loud action scenes?

Few questions as interested in getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I have a gen1 beam and 2 rear speakers and I love the sound of this gives nice surround effects and you can adjust the rear speaker separately (no sub as can't justify the price). There is a an option to improve dialogue and a night mode option to lower the bigger noises such as explosions and such when other people are in bed. Right now the beam gen2 supports dolby atmos but you won't get the true effect of this as there isn't an option to add ceiling speakers.

Thanks for the info. Did you look into the Arc at all? Curious if its much better than the Beam2

What rear speakers did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

I’ve a beam gen2, paired with a sub mini and 2x era 100’s and I’m pretty happy. Surround is much improved with the era’s, and the sub is really good. So good it’s maybe showing up the beam hah, maybe I should have gotten the arc - while the beam is great, it doesn’t have a very wide sound stage.. this may be an issue with all soundbars, and I’m sadly unable to accommodate a full/ proper 5.1 set up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭wassie

@GoodGamerGuy - If you want really good reviews on Sonos products & setup, youtuber Peter Pee from Singapore is excellent.

Here is his Arc v Beam 2 video - is quite long at nearly 30 mins, but extremely comprehensive. You can speed it up by playing at 1.25x speed.

I watched a lot of his vids before deciding on an Arc + Era 300s for surrounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

the move is available for 330, seems a decent discount

Thanks all going to review that video now cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know is there typically a discount on the Bean 2 for Black Friday? What would be the cheapest it can be got

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

One SL 25% off at the moment.

Assume its being replaced by the more expensive era but its a decent speaker at a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Last year they had it on a good discount, think it was about 100 euro off.

I have the Beam 1 and to be honest, it struggles as a standalone home cinema solution, you need two rear speakers to really get oomph out of it. I have two Symfonisks from Ikea that do the job just fine.

The Arc is a big step up in sound but also in price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hopeless wanderor

Sonos have additional 15% off using Unidays Student discount and 3% cashback on revolut when bought through their site, has anyone tried this? Also if anyone can hook me up with a unidays discount code that would be great.

I bought Q990c after reading a lot of reviews and tbh I wasn't very impressed. It sounds fuller only on very high volumes so bit of an overkill for average Irish Living rooms. Also the sub is huge so no room for that. The music performance is okay. Couldn't really feel the Atmos effect too. I am aware it needs walls to bounce sound off so the room matters.

I am planning to return it and get Beam gen 2 + sub. Like the form factor and have seen decent reviews also will be able to add One in future if needed as they are small and perfect for surround. Not really looking for atmos.

Does anyone have any insight into Beam gen 2 + Sub, Peter pee review says the Beam gen 2 + sub is comparable to Sonos Arc standalone with better bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Student discount only works on full priced items - tried to use it on some things discounted for Black Friday and the Black Friday discount was removed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

link to the refurbished page - it's not listed (that i can see) in the Sonos site menus : Certified Refurbished Speakers

not much saving on what little there is listed, but I guess the listings will change depending on returns etc so handy to have a link to keep an eye on...

note there is a 25% sale on certain items and bundles in the offers page

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

CEX sometimes have the SONOS One from €55 for a Grade C, €65 for Grade B. Grade B is genuinely pretty good condition without a box. Handy add ons for a cinema. Will be looking to add a Sub or Arc to the 2 Grade B's I picked up from CEX. Both were in great condition.

30% off any new speaker This week only, your 15% upgrade credit is worth 30% off through the Sonos Upgrade Programme.

only until the 29th Feb - and it doesn't stack on already discounted speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I think you only need to activate the discount this week, the 30% credit is supposed to remain on your account indefinitely once activated.

edit: am wrong it drops back to 15% after Thursday

Post edited by savemejebus on

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks for this. Registered by 4 X Play 1's.

Looks like it doesn't expire either.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Registered x 2. Was half thinking of getting an Arc. Will watch some more videos on them!

Peter Pee's Youtube channel is excellent. Super knowledgeable and answered most of my questions, particularly in deciding whether to get Era 100 or Era 300s for surrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Damn you bargain alerts....Registered a Play:1 and got a Beam2, Sub mini and 2 Era 100's with the 30% discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Watched a few videos and still in two minds whether to get an Arc or a Beam 2 with sub mini. Roughly similar prices.

can anyone recommend covers or skins for sonos one 2nd generation - to protect a pair I'm going to put up high on kitchen cabinets

have seen soundskins but they are a bit expensive?

Probably depends on size of the space. If its a small room the beam would suffice. But if its a bit larger, the Arc does not disappoint. I watched Avatar over the weekend and sound from the Arc was superb.

I got a soundskin for my Arc & Sub gen 2 during Black Friday sales with 20% off. Happy with the product, but even with the discount I feel they are massively overpriced. The Arc cover arrived with a mark on it. I contacted support and they sent out a new one and didnt need the original returned, so gave it to a friend. But there isnt much else on the market. I think if you could get speaker cloth and were a little bit handy you could come up with a very good cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭a2deden

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have an Arc with 2 Ones for surround.

My room isn't massive so I didn't bother with a sub, the Arc provides more than enough base (I actually have to turn the base down as it's seriously loud).

Thanks for the advice lads. I'm leaning towards the Arc. The room it'll be going into will be a kitchen/living/dining space so the room is a decent size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

The arc is fantastic but just be aware there are voice sync issues if using with SkyQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

I'm a big Sonos fan with two Sonos Ones (Gen 2) and wanted to avail of the 30% upgrade discount, so ordered a Sonos Era 100.

In my review/reseach before ordering, I somehow missed that the Era 100/300 do not support Google Assistant!! That is a major issue for me and would probably have stopped me from ordering if I knew in advance. As it is, I'll see how I get on with it for the time being (it does have its own Sonos Voice Controller - which is not a smart assistant).

Just as an FYI for anyone expecting their Eras to be compatible with Google.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You just need to setup the audio delay in the Sky Q box.

I have Sky Q with my Arc and I've no issues, though I did have to initially change the audio delay.

Advertisement