Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting GRP Composite Front Door

Options
  • 22-05-2023 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

looking to see if anyone on here has any experience of painting a GRP composite front door. I have a RAL 7015 grey door from Munster Joinery with about 5 years and it’s starting to look a bit faded and some chips and scratches and I was going to look at painting it but don’t know what type of paint I should be using.

any help greatly appreciate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭dk1982

resurrecting this. Anyone have any advice on the type of paint you should use for the outside of a composite door? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

A product called Zinsser all coat exterior will do the trick for you here. It’s waterbased.

Other than that you could use ralston all prime and then 2 coats of ralston semi Matt, satin or gloss, also all waterbased.

Degrease the door first and then a light sand with very fine sandpaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Perks

Been using this quick drying water based eggshell finish paint on composite units recently.

It's a primer and topcaot in one. Covers metal too so if you want to paint the sides in one swoop go for it.

Prep first by rubbing surfaces with a contour pad sandpaper, dust off then paint.

Advertisement