Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foregolf

Options
  • 22-05-2023 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Interesting to see that David WIlliams is leaving Foregolf

Wonder what it means for the company. Does Derek start doing the fittings. He hasnt done them in years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭big_drive

I was wondering the same. I was fitted twice by David, found him excellent and a really nice guy.

Derek is the owner and face of Foregolf but I'd reckon David was an essential part of the set up and could be hard to replace

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

My take from their social media post was that Derek would be doing the fittings. I've been to Dave twice and he was on the money both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

I would have assumed Derek was doing the fittings before Dave ever joined him and I’m sure Derek would be excellent at the fitting too as they’re data driven and he’s in the industry so long.

I got fitted by Dave before but I’m happily get fitted by Derek. I got Mizuno irons from Foregolf in 2020 and I love them. You’re guaranteed a top quality build

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭redhill

Dave lives about 5 miles from me, and I live in Belfast, that’s a v v long commute to Killeen Castle each and every day. I do a similar, though slightly easier commute to Drogheda/Swords though only a max 2 days a week and it takes its toll, especially when the hour goes back and those dark winter nights.. that is possibly a big factor in his decision.

There are a number of excellent fitting agencies now available locally to him such as ROC Golf in Lisburn which are getting a great reputation and one of these may appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DamienIE

Hi @redhill do you know if Dave Williams is working as a fitter somewhere else now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭big_drive

I heard he returned home to the UK but don't have any exact details. I was fit by him around 10 years ago, he was excellent and a lovely guy

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭redhill

hi, I don’t sorry. Don’t think he is at Roc golf as I was there recently and no sign of him.

Advertisement