Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of Phone Number from Imagine to EIR

Options
  • 22-05-2023 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

We have been happy customers of Imagine for broadband and phone since 2016. We have moved to EIR as we now have fiber on our rural road. I called EIR and they say that we can't have our old phone number transferred from wireless Imagine to EIR. We have had this number since 1960s , it moved from EIR to SKY to Imagine, over the years.

Is it correct that numbers can't be transferred?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Numbers should be able to be transferred as essentially Imagine is VoIP so there shouldn't be any issue transferring it. Do you have the UAN from Imagine to give to EIR?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Imagine told me that UAN is same as the account number that they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭RobiePAX

That seems wrong. Landline is usually setup through one of two ways.

Through copper cable known as PSTN. You need to provide UAN number to carry it over to another provider. This is an older method. Uncommon in areas where you can get Fibre.

Or landline can be setup virtually coming through Fibre cable, known as VoIP. I believe Eir calls it VoBB. To carry over this landline number you'd need to provide account number.

If I were you I'd call 1901 and select Tech Team. And request that you want your number ported over. If they say no, ask why not. If they won't help, call complaints number and say that you are not willing to lose the number that you had for 60 years.

Advertisement