Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV Switching On By Itself

Options
  • 21-05-2023 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

Just wanted to reach out and ask some advice regarding an issue we're having with our TV.

Over the past couple of days, our Samsung TV has been turning on by itself. We've tried to find the source of the problem, but to know avail.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and any thoughts on how to rectify the situation?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

If you have anything plugged into HDMI or other inputs, I would disconnect those first to eliminate them as the source.

Does it happen at a regular time?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was looking back at an old email from Argos in respect of Hitachi model I bought last year and when I clicked on a link to go to the product support page I got this message ...

"Important Product Information

We have been informed by the manufacturer that a recent software update to this model may cause a small number of units to restart each time they are powered on. Please call Argos Tech Support on 0345 604 0105 to help resolve this problem." 

@fantfootcafe Would that be an issue with your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I used to have a Samsung TV that did that randomly. Nothing was plugged into it (other than antenna cable). Remote was not pressed. It was not WiFi/Bluetooth enabled either. Never found any explanation.

No longer have the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I had the same problem with a Samsung TV a long long time ago.

Turns out some of the capacitors were over heating and turning the

TV off. At the time Samsung were covering all the TV's under warranty.

I contacted Samsung and they arranged a Samsung dealer in the North

of Ireland to collect the TV, repair it FOC and ship it back to me. This

was about 8 years ago.

Might not be the same issue you are having and Samsung might not

be covering it anymore. Best bet would be to try Lawless Brothers in

Malahide if you are not a million miles away. They have done a few

repairs for me and are top class.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I had this a long time ago.

There is a setting in the TV to wake up the TV at a time - buried deep in the options somewhere.

That needs to be disabled. At least, that is what I did and it worked.

I have the same nonsense on a Roberts Radio - unless it is to be used as an alarm clock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement