Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Patrick Keilty confirmed as new LLS host

• 20-05-2023 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Not that it will have any impact on my life as I do not watch any RTE programming, but jeaysus..... is that the best they could do?

Yawwn.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Everyone else said no so I think they were stuck! But I do recall that he was also in the running when Gay Byrne retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

So why not a new talent (God forbid RTE).... I recon Henry McKean would do well...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Angela Scanlan,Tommy Tiernan,The Late Show. Not an original thought between the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Ohhh dear I don’t think even my old mother would watch him.

And there’s only “1” button on her remote

• Registered Users Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭Furze99

Embarrassing to admit but no idea who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Take our word for it he's a good lad who won't let us down.

Or you could look him up on the Google machine 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,744 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

He seems to be a nice individual, and well matured by what life has sent his way. He will be well capable of carrying on the show which I might actually start watching again if it becomes watchable. I only half-watched it sometimes in recent times to follow the thread here.

He was previously flagged as a possibility to present the show, but he was very young and even more unknown. My elderly mother asked me who the hell he was and I was unable to enlighten her. I think they realised he would be a safe pair of hands but that due to audience unfamiliarity with his persona, they bypassed him.

Nothing Known Talent Management Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think with any music guests, comedians, actors, life story stuff he’ll be fine…. But the jury would be out as regards his performance when there is anything of a serious social / political or current affairs type interview…..

simply because he hasn’t been doing that sort of thing….. a couple of smart assed political nemesis battling it out… it can’t be lighthearted and he’ll need to moderate that debate and be strong…

Well I kinda knew who Pat Kenny and Tubridy were beforehand - seen and heard them. This Kielty fella - first time he come across my sights. Wouldn't be surprised at all if others up and down the place are also asking Patrick Who? Maybe he'll be cheaper than the previous, so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Never heard of the lad either. Watched a few bits on YouTube. Hard to know really, might be decent enough, could just as easily see it ending badly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,629 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I've heard his name but know absolutely nothing about him.

Well you could be right on that one! So much for the differing parts of the island being on some sort of mindset towards a united Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭sniperman

bring back gaybo,evan though he is dead,he would still be way better than the latest offering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭TheDavester

maybe they could rebrand the style of the show, theyve enough of current affairs/sad stories during the week, how about maybe a light entertainment/feel good stories instead of tubbs horn for misery stories

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭elperello

He has had a pretty successful career in an uncertain business.

Probably better known in UK to be fair.

Not sure about the cheaper bit but I suppose we won't be long finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭amacca

Probably as good as they could do. I'll give him a chance and actually watch a late late show or two

I haven't done that in a long long time

Surely he can't be any worse than Tubridy....although maybe if RTE don't give him a budget and etc it could be a disaster too

• Registered Users Posts: 31,602 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Rumour has it he is a bit cheaper (250k)...but Tubridy did other things like radio.

I don't think he is a bad choice personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

It's Kielty.

He is a gas chunt and very charming. Great to see the six counties getting the nod.

He carries very little baggage in there and will introduce the show to a broader audience, it is a nice move.

I spoke with Nicky , he is fine with it and is reflecting. Marty kept on making lewd comments about wheels on deals and laughing uncontrollably. Byrne is not speaking with anyone at the moment, not even her husband, that poor guy.

The bookies have stopped taking bets on Scanlon in around 2-3 years.

Advertisement