Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track running and imbalance

Options
  • 19-05-2023 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I am a track runner newbie (marathon runner using the track for interval training).

I seem to go faster, and it feels easier to run anti-clockwise (the normal way) than clockwise.

Basically, I want to know if this is due to a probable imbalance in my legs' strengths: after all, the right leg has to travel farther when turning anti-clockwise (and vice-versa for the left leg when turning clockwise), so if my right side is stronger than my left it would make sense that I can go faster and it feels easier anti-clockwise.

Would that be right? Is it due to some imbalance or something else? Would it be worth fixing for normal road running? And if so, how?

I am right-handed if that makes a difference to the answer.

Many thanks.

Comments

Advertisement