Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant-in-Situ Scheme- Landlords.....

Options
  • 16-05-2023 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

Any Landlords here who have agreed to sell to the council..... how long did it take?

I am a tenant, have had the inspections, etc but have not heard anything back other from the council or landlord yet, am going crazy not knowing if I can stay or need to keep packing up:(

Went to the housing dept to ask, but they apparently know nothing, can't give me a number to call for an update on how it's going, and can't really ask my landlord if he has accepted their offer....what sort of timeline are we looking at here before I know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I was talking to someone who was selling to the council and he said he pulled out after 3 months of the council just asking him to jump through hoop after hoop with no end in sight. HE had the tenant on notice from the beginning anyway so he is expecting the tenant to move out soon and putting it on the open market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DJFLOW

I am in a similar situation as you. the council started evaluating and inspecting the property 2 weeks ago. I am supposed to vacate the property already and I am not getting a reply from the council or landlord. in kind of limbo not knowing whether I will stay or leave

• Registered Users Posts: 23,324 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Going through it at the moment. Went sake agreed before Christmas. Just hit the deposit this week from them.

once a price is agreed, they move slowly as their priority is looking after people who are being evicted and it are homeless.

we are probably looking at a 9 month process. , but we’ve not bring pushing it as we are looking to buy a new family home and 4 beds is south Dublin aren’t in great supply

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Contact your local elected representative. They'll make enquiries on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oscar1039

has any tenant been successful with the local council purchasing a property with a management fee in place ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Well, I've been successful as in my landlord sold to the council, and everything has gone through.

I've had a visit from the council, and been informed that I will need to move as at some point they will need the property for a larger family!

I appreciate I won't be homeless, but I thought the whole point was so that I could stay in my existing property, even having received a letter telling me my tenancy was now secure. I didn't really appreciate that that was tenancy, as in a council tenant, in wherever they deem to put you, as opposed to where I've been for 20 years.

Not quite sure how to feel. I have literally spent what is for me a considerable amount of money on the back garden and redecorating a room, having been assured that I was staying put!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oscar1039

never knew they could move you like that once the tenant in situ scheme has been accepted. I’m still waiting to hear. Currently waiting two months and no word from council about an inspection or whether they are interested in purchasing. The wait is torture

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Katie91PL

Did they told you if they will provide you with other smaller house or if you would have to find something for yourself? That is so bad to hear. Did you sign contact already? We got notice a little more than a month ago and landlady is willing to work with council. We have been referred to tenant in situ 2 weeks ago but no one heard anything since. We still got 5 months but I'm 4 months pregnant and really stressed about it all.

Advertisement