Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone TV

Options
  • 16-05-2023 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Trying to help the brother out. His broadband has been down over 2 weeks. Eventually vodafone sent an engineer out who tested the line connection and said it was fine, the problem was the Gigabox. He is waiting on a new Gigabox to arrive. It definitely seems dead, only the power light is on. A reset does nothing.

In the mean time I swapped in my gigabox and got internet going. However the Vodafone TV would not work. It was stuck on the splash screen. I did a reset of the Vodafone TV box and it's now giving the big red X.

Is there any thing that can be done to get this going while we wait and wait for vodafone. I can't see any setting in the Gigabox (expert mode) that would make a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

try resetting modem with pin in back. if modem hasnt done its latest update at that address then tv wont work.

if that doesnt fix it contact vodafone support and theyll sort it over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭hesker

Already done that. No difference.

Will wait for new Gigabox to arrive I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

is tv connected by lan cable? are lights behind ethernet port flashing on tv box.

tv should work

Yes & yes. Maybe tv box is gone also

When I reset the tv box the screen switches to showing a Settings icon and what looks like an empty progress bar along the bottom. The progress bar never populates which got me thinking I was missing a setting in the Gigabox to allow the reset or update happen.

Forgot to add the Gigabox I swapped in was one provided for a broadband package only, no Vodafone tv and no phone setup. I can’t access the old Gigabox to compare settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Do you mind me asking if he's around Dublin 7, 9 11 or 15? Lot of people with Vodafone TV problems in that area.

• Advertisement

He’s not

Advertisement