Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fertility issues

• 05-05-2023 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Post edited by user0001 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

You check for IBR?

It messed my AIings dates up couple years ago with half the herd slipping by a month or more & I'm still working on getting dates back in. IBR only showed up in 2 of 5 I blooded too at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭blackdog1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭stanflt

Are the heifers done well- over 330kgs when Ai

most poor fertility is down to poor feeding since birth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Timing if AI is important, if a heifer is in heat at 7/8 in the morning and still standing at 12-1 in the day, I’d leave to AI until the following morning. If you AI that evening it could be too soon and she’ll not hold. I’d to learn the hard way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,994 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is running bulls with them an option ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement