Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Eileen Flynn halting site taxi issue

• 04-05-2023 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭

Eileen needs a reality check. She needs to ask herself why the taxi driver was afraid to drive into a halting site. Why was he afraid Eileen? Instead of asking herself this question she screams discrimination.

Threadbans:

downtheroad

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭eggy81

Tbf I’ve been in and out of halting site loads of times doing various bit of jobs and not 1 thing ever happened. I’d be surprised if anything happened given who he was dropping. Maybe he’d had previous issues with someone though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,806 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I think that is the apt comparison.

There is significant discrimination against the travelling community and this must be called out when it happens. This is not an example of it, and doesn't do the just cause of the travelling community any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I wonder who turned this piece of land adjacent to a halting site into a giant dump. And nobody will go clear it, why would they.

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/dublin/dublin-news/council-plans-to-build-large-wall-in-north-dublin-park-to-tackle-illegal-dumping/42439261.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭satguy

The lone taxi driver, or even the lone barman in a small town pub, have nothing to fear from the travelling community.

All those stories you hear are lies ... 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You've some reading to catch up on. They are an ethnic minority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Oops!

Their family tree.....

Advertisement