Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 5: Miami

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Get in there Max!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That's that I'm off to bed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely. Champions drive from Max there. Alonso best of the rest again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Was there even a yellow flag in the race? Can't believe there was very little incidents and nothing warranting a yellow?! Some decent overtakes but nothing to be too excited about.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McFly85

Incredibly dull race, but Verstappen showed unbelievable pace on those hards between lap 30-40.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Max was a level up from everyone else, yet again.

No DNF's for the first time in a very long while !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,493 ✭✭✭✭klose

Meh, couple decent overtakes here and there but not much to report on again. Unfortunate for Perez he went with the slower strategy in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very dull race. Some good overtakes but there was no drama at all.

Ooooh Jenson calling him Checo...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I didn’t miss much then it seems ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A master class from Max. Fantastic race. What a drive!!!

I feel sorry for Perez.

Great to see Alonso on the podium again.

I feel a little sorry for Alonso too. The redbull is just too good.

He reckons Monaco or Barcelona might give him a chance of a second spot.

Would love to see him claim a win this year in that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,028 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hard to fault the way Max drove, stayed out of trouble and didn't risk too much. Good to see alternative strategies at least, it made it a little interesting for a one stop race

Glad I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed it. Thought there was plenty of overtaking even though they shortened the DRS zones. Perez was unlucky in the sense I don’t think anyone knew the hards would be that good. No way could he have started on them when everyone around him was on medium. The Mercs didn’t do too bad in the end, 4th and 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Both Alpine drivers in the points, I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Pretty ominous from Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fairly tame podium ceremony, expected more weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Decent-ish race. I enjoyed the potential of the battle between the 2 red bulls much more than what transpired, but at least it was something. The Americanisms of the show weren't as bad as last year so that's progress too.

Trying to decide if ferrari or alpine are the bigger failures so far this year, alpine still behind McLaren even...

Had to check that about Alpine, very poor so far from them considering the disaster that are McLaren. Also, how are Aston in second as it seems only Alonso is scoring their points. What’s up with Stroll - is this just his level? Surely that cycling accident can’t still be affecting him.

Two week break coming up and then 3 race weekends in a row - Imola, Monaco and Barcelona. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McFly85

Alpine are behind McLaren due to the double DNF in Australia but I would expect them to be ahead of them by the end of the season, and will need Norris to spend another year driving the wheels off a mediocre car to make it in any way close.

Ferrari have been very disappointing. Flashes of pace but nothing more. Leclerc just hovered between 7th-9th for the entire race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

that ferrari is terrible. charles couldnt overtake a haas for all those laps. isnt it a ferrari engine in the haas. so it must be the aero that crap

max on hard just flew past both of them like they were backmarkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Longing

Not surprising the drivers have come out after the race to voice how distracting the pre-race ceremony except for Hamiliton no surprise. Alonso is asking why is Miami getting special treatment. Others Driver not happy with full race gear on over half hour before race in high humidity and heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I was praying for Max and Checo to take each other out during the pass and gift Alonso the win, other than that utter trash race

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Unpopular opinion. Put Magnussen in a top car and he could be a World Championship contender? He's a feisty wheel-to-wheel racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,493 ✭✭✭✭klose

Had a few euro in my PP account and actually stuck it on an alonso win with 10 or so laps to go at 55/1 using that logic they might run eachother off track and DNF, worth a punt 🤣

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

20:30 of a Sunday is the perfect time for a race for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

He drove a great race alright but Nico has been doing the better job in that car so far this season prior to Miami. Put Hulkenberg in a top car and he’d get results too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its a terrible time for any race race or highlights.

Lunchtime is a much better time for a race to be on that way you can enjoy the race and be eating when you do it then have time to go do some exercise afterwards outside weather permitting of course to burn off the crop you eat lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement