Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,148 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They've postponed the start of the show. They are almost certainly still filming. That is going to be grim watching.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

That's a massive shock to wake up to. I know they film a bit in advance but I've no idea how much. None of the articles mention if they're still filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Walter Mitty type character Zonfrillo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Very sad news coming from the network. Loved Jock on the show. He was always very supportive to the contestants

The episode he recorded with Jamie Oliver won't be shown and there is a delay to the start of the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Devastated to see that yesterday. Not sure how I'm going to watch it now knowing he's passed away.

Is it all filmed already I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't know if it's all filmed. Hopefully it is or it will be very difficult to watch.

I also read this morning that he had cancer. He kept it very secret. He got it in 2016 and beat it. It came back recently (and more aggressively).

This statement was just posted to Facebook -

It must be all filmed if they're showing it. I can't see them expecting Mel and Andy to go back in and film the rest of the series on their own any time soon. They couldn't really delay filming either given contestants are relocated to Melbourne for filming.

Just saw an article in The Guardian there that says they finished filming a while ago. Jock had been on holidays in Europe with his family since then, and they were back in Australia to do promo for the new series. So definitely all filmed before he died. It'll still be a strange watch, I think.

yeah it's complete. Usually they are still filming so that the episode is close to the finale to avoid leaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’m just watching the Celebrity Masterchef Australia repeat on W at the moment and found myself getting quite emotional a few times. He will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just watched the first episode of the new season. Its quite sad watching really. Jock is so supportive and helpful to all the contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Cried through the first half of the show last night to be honest. Especially with Brent coming back and how good Jock was to him. It's sad watching :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Season 15 starts on W HD (Channel 132 on Sky) this coming Monday 7th August at 7pm.

I'm going to find it very tough watching Jock knowing he has passed away. I absolutely love him as a presenter.

I've watched the whole thing. I won't lie, it was tough viewing at time.

Just watched the finale on W there tonight. Very sad still. It's weird too, because while watching it you'd nearly forget he was gone now. The little montage of him at the end had me tearing up again.

I know there were lots of rumours about his health before he died, but looking at the clips of him from previous seasons he didn't look great this year. Like he'd aged about 10 years.

It'll be interesting to see what they do next year with the judges.

I see Jamie Oliver posted a thing to Instagram the other day about being in Melbourne to film for the new series of MasterchefAU. Looks like Mel is gone and there's 3 new judges alongside Andy. Former contestant Po, chef Jean Christophe Novelli, and food writer Sofia Levin.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Advertisement