Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Australia

Options
  • 29-04-2023 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice.I'm hoping to go to Sydney in October and I'm wondering about a few things..do I need a special visa..do I have to get any shots before I go..any suggestions about places to stay or visit would be very much appreciated.

TIA

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Australia is in Galway? Maybe better in the travel forum? :)

https://www.boards.ie/categories/travel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

You'd be better off posting your query in The Travel Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Yes, you need a visa. Check out the blue mountains, bondi beach and the cliff walks, go to darling point, double bay, rose bay, Watson bay. Climb the bridge. Kings Cross at night. The rocks, taronga zoo by public transport boat... so much to see, you'll love the place.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Are you just going for a holiday or are you planning to stay a bit longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You'll need either a visa or an electronic travel authority. Assuming you have an Irish passport, your visit is for purposes of tourism only, you will not be working and you will be staying less than 3 months arranging this will be straightforward — you can do it online. But you do need to line it up in advance.

Jabs-wise, there is currently nothing that you need to have. But Australians are a bit anal about quarantine, and they do tend to respond very quickly to developments, so requirements can be introduced or varied with very little notice. This has happened a lot in the past few years. If I were you I'd make sure my Covid vaccination was up to date in September so that, if there's an outbreak of some new variant in Europe just before your holiday, and if Australia responds by requiring evidence of vaccination from incoming travellers, you'll have what you need. "Up to date" generally means you should have had a Covid vaccination within the past 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

All details and links are here. Just google "dfa COUNTRY":

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/australia/

Advertisement