Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA deliveries for online orders

Options
  • 28-04-2023 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience of IKEA deliveries for online orders, and whether or not they tend to deliver on the specified date?

Just asking because on Monday evening, we ordered close to €1,000 of furniture for a room we're doing up. It indicated earliest available delivery date to us (Co. Wexford) was next Tuesday (May 2), so we chose that.

However, the tracking thing still hasn't moved on from just "we've received your order and will get started on it shortly". Would have thought that particularly since this is a Bank Holiday weekend, it would have moved on a bit by now, if they really are to deliver on Tuesday.

So, anybody got any recent experience of such things that they might share?

TIA.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

All my recent orders have delivered the day that was estimated. My most recent one was a very small order, no movement on the tracking until 2 days before (sunday) it was due (tuesday) - in fact I think that was over a bank holiday weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eirezed

I had the unfortunate experience of not getting the delivery twice, one time I was told that they didn't put a chair in the truck so they decided to not deliver the whole order, and for the same order on next scheduled day I received tracking info and everything. In the end I found that my whole order has been sitting in Dublin that wasn't on the truck against which I got the tracking info. IKEA customer service hasn't much of help so far. Very frustrating as we are sleeping on make shift and have been waiting for our order for around 5 days to be delivered.

Advertisement