Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI App required for everything

Options
  • 27-04-2023 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to bypass the app verification for BOI...if I want to put money on my revolut I have to log into my BOI account to approve it, wanna buy something from my local game store online...app required again...it's beyond annoying...

I can't use it when I'm out, as I don't have an idedic memory and this can't remember...

Absolute nightmare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if you want to put cash on your revolut, or buy stuff in a shop, if you use apple pay (presume also google pay) then the biometric check on the phone allows the transaction to go through with no further bank check, at least that was my experience so far with every card i have on the thing including bank of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I really wish BOI enabled the biometric/fingerprint authentication like every other banking provider, but they are so regressive and techno-phobe that it's like expecting blood from a stone.

At the end of the day, you need to have a way of accessing those numbers, I'd suggest saving some type of a mnemonic prompt on your phone, but not with the actual numbers. Rough example here:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,205 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

The more you use it the easier it gets..

Just learn it or put it in your phone as a fake phone number and delete when you are more confident about it.

I use Google Pay and Revolut for smaller sums but am happy to keep my main acvount private and pin secured.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Top up revolut using Apple or Google pay and there's no app authentication required.

Same for websites that support Google/Apple pay (as opposed to filling in your card details)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,622 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

• Advertisement
Advertisement