Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Atto3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

I wait till Monday... if I haven't got it sorted by then I will get back onto the dealer.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

We were without it for about 3wks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 T1961D

Anyone know if the Design spec comes with the V2L cable and 11kw adapter. Recently purchased and doesn't seem to be with the car. Thought from spec it did ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

I bought a design spec, there was a V2L cable with a set of plugs at the end of it included.

I'm not sure what you mean about a 11kw adapter.

Yes I also got the 2 cables with the design spec

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 T1961D

We seem to have just got granny cable and type 2 cable. Do you mean sockets on the end ?

I got the granny cable, type 2 cable and the V2L cable  which has 4 sockets on the end of it

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Went to have a look at the Atto 3 last week and was fairly impressed just looking around and inside it. I didn't have time to test drive it but my wife did and she was quite impressed too, in fact she said it was a nicer drive than the Skoda Enyaq which we also test drove recently. She also preferred the infotainment and extra features on the Atto.

Anyway we got some PCP and HP finance offers via email and I'm confused by the total cash price we were given for the Design trim. The Design cars in the showroom had a price tag of 42,xxx(I can't remember exactly), I asked the guy is that the full price including delivery, paint, grant applied etc. He assured me it was. The finance offers though have the total cash price as 45,949. I can't figure it out, it's not the car price including interest on the finance which was my first thought. I did email him back asking where this figure came from but he didn't reply to me.

We're looking at other cars in the time being so I will give him a ring and question it in more detail if we do decide to go for the Atto 3. I think if it is definitely 45,949 then it puts a big dampener on it for us, that price puts it into Tesla Model Y RWD territory which in theory has better resale value, stable software, better range, bigger inside etc

I bought one a few months ago, very happy with it but was torn between it and the model Y for a while. The new seal is giving me buyers remorse though. If you are thinking of model Y suggest you look at the seal as well. nice range on that too. It takes me about 70% charge to travel Dublin - Galway on the motorway. With the seal I suspect you might just be able to go there and back on a single charge. Very similar price.

one warning: the atto 3 does not have automatic windscreen wipers, which is a bit of a minus in ireland, and also tends to fog up pretty easily and has no electric front windscreen defogger, just the hot air vent. I suspect that the fogging may be to do with the air purifier, guess the car is sealed tightly when windows are closed and water vapour is building up on longer trips. I've started cracking a window every now and then to recycle air on longer trips. I expect in China smog is a bigger problem than condensation, but obviously the opposite is true here.

Range isn't a huge decision factor for us as it's primarily going to be for short journeys(<100km). Our main priorities are boot space and 2 row space for 3 kids under 10. The Atto was only okay in that regard but manageable I think. The Tesla Model Y seems to be much better for space but I'm not really convinced of what I've seen of their infotainment system and the exterior looks do nothing for me, going to test drive Model Y on Wednesday so I'll try keep an open mind. The cheaper Seal RWD trim does look incredible value alright, possibly even smaller on the inside than the Atto 3 though. Might go back to BYD and see if they have any for test drive

• Advertisement

The price 45,949 is the cost before grants so after the grant the cost is 42,494.

I bought mine 3 weeks ago and love the car with no issues at all with it so far.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Ah I've figured out what they've done now, the finance quote we were given included the 3.5k grant in the trade-in value for our car. So it looked like we were getting 18k trade in value when in reality it's 14.5k + 3.5k grant. I did think 18k was a bit generous 😅. Wish he'd just explained that to us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Spotted first one yesterday at Tesla superchargers in Athenry. Assume owner had tried to charge and given up and left the car parked there to block a charger.

You don't have to do anything... they have it marked off on the sticker price which will be 42,495.

When you buy the car it will say the price was 45,949.

If you do buy you will have no regrets very well spec car.

I still look for excuses just to go out and drive it 😀

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

I Don't think you can charge it with the Tesla superchargers.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A55hole of an owner if that’s what they did.

I have bought an Atto 3 a few months ago, but if I were choosing now I would go for the Seal which is a very similar price for the RWD design spec. You should have a luck at that before you pull the trigger.

How much was your Atto3, 42k ish?

Seal is 46k odd, so not a major jump up alright.

• Advertisement

It was 41.5k after grant. Tbh teh difference between dolphin, Atto and Seal are all very small proportionately and difficult to see why not go for the higher one. I went into the dealership intending to buy a dolphin, drove both and preferred the Atto.

I came back to the thread to ask a question rather than respond to that one. I have added a few android apps to the infotainment system via usb key. I have been looking to find the netflix apk, anyone know a reliable source for it? I don't like downloading it from sites that I don't know. The official sites want to immediately install it rather than let me download the apk onto a pc and then install on the BYD via usb key.

I have google chrome on it anyway so I can always watch it via that. Have also installed sky glass which is handy for live tv etc. I have 4 kids so it's not unusual for me to be parked waiting to pick them up from places.

I was looking through the settings on the car and I noticed my drive time says 97.3 hours.

surely this can't be right as I have driven that long?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭granturismo

2166/97.3=22

The maths on your display is correct.

What does this mean 'as I have driven that long' - how many hours do you think you've driven your car for?

How many Km were up on the car when you got it?

I got the car from new as for "as I have not driven that long" I mean I have not done 97 hours and 30 mins of driving since I go the car Late sep 2023.

As my total km is only 2166 as I work from home so I don't be out driving every day.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are you sitting in traffic or outside your house/at the shops or anything like that with the car on?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Went looking to get one of these before Christmas, but the dealer was only offering me €20.5k on a trade in, where I'd already been offered trade in value of €25,500 somewhere else (against a used car admittedly). Wasn't sure how the BYD would fare in the resales down the road, so have swerved it for now.

Might look at it again in a couple of years as I really enjoyed the drive when I test drove it. And super spec on the design model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Average speed is very low, considering your consumption is 17kWh per 100kms

I am new with electric cars so not sure what you mean... is 17kWh bad?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Advertisement