Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 4: Azerbaijan

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I get you Dude, hard to see what is the better way. They can keep trying so many different versions. I was all for the Sprint idea but after seeing the different versions so far, I am leaning back to classic Saturday qualy and Sunday race.

One thing which might work, is limit the time on track in Practice sessions, and maybe limit the teams with most points scored in the year so far (just a thought). When we had the practice sessions only an hour long, it meant that all teams went into qualy/race with not so prefect setups and mixed things up a little.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's the sprint race that is the problem. They should get rid of the Sprint races altogether and give the drivers more tires for the races so they can pit more so they can keep going fast which in turn would make the races more exciting because drivers could then fight each other.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,959 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah I agree on limiting practice. Nowadays they can model millions of scenarios and setups sp they're probably better prepared from an hour's practice on track than they ever were after more practice in the 80s.

I'd like to see a sprint race tyre that allows them to push the full way through the sprint.

Reverse champiogrid order would really spice it up for the Sprint. The front runners would really have to push. But that idea is a kind of herecy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,959 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I'd like to see more pitstops in the main race. If they could reduce then overall time loss for a pitstop, it would make pitstops more attractive. Shorter pitlane or shorter part which is speed limited might help.

There was about as much action in the sprint as there was in the entire feature race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd like to see "no outside world contact"

That is to say, those who you have on site, that's who is running the Grand Prix and deciding the strategy. None of this "thanks everyone back at the factory", running sims after qualifying etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Also, degradation was pretty much nonexistent at this race, Hulkenberg and Ocon did the whole race pretty much on hards. When that happens is jsut copper plates the race in a way and you don't have enough of a delta difference to encourage any different strategies.

Baku has a tendency to be either pure chaos or pure boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Having to pit and having to use two compounds makes it very predictable and formulaic.

Red Bull are making a mockery of everyone else with there powerful DRS.

The turbulent air also looks to be back which isn't good for close racing.

Perez putting it up to Verstappen is the only thing that can save this season from being a snooze fest. I'd love to see the two Red Bull drivers repeating the Hamilton/Rosberg duels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got no enjoyment from sprint race or main race this weekend, found whole weekend boring.

Only thing now that might make season more interesting if Perez can keep up with Verstappen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement