Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a decent pair of trainers for walking

Options
  • 23-04-2023 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently wear a pair of regatta hiking shoes for walking. They are fine and have been good during the winter months as they're water proof.

That said, they are a little bit heavy and I suspect that when the weather gets warmer, I'll roast in them.

so can anyone recommend something lighter and aimed at walkers rather than runners please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tom traubert

ASICS do trail runners, but they're absolutely suited to walkers also. I use them in dry conditions and find they suit me very well.

Available in Elverys, Lifestyle and Sports Direct (or whatever its called). Prices not too bad, 50ish to 80ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

+1 for anything asics related. Their outlet website has a sale on at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Thanks for the recommendation folks,

Asics it is, I'm off to the outlet website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭joe199

Just be careful as ups deliver for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

If I could kindly hijack this thread for a moment as I too am looking for a hiking\walking boot.

Ideally something waterproof/lightweight and suitable for hill walking as well as along the beach/fields etc.

Nothing too expensive as just starting out, any help greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jeanette-Hills

You might want to consider brands like Merrell, Salomon, or Keen. They offer a variety of lightweight options with breathable materials for warmer weather. Don't forget to check the shoe's specifications to ensure they meet your requirements for waterproofing or any other features you need.

Advertisement