Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health expenses - getting revenue approval

Options
  • 20-04-2023 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I elected to get a procedure done, after getting advised to by a consultant though they mentioned it might not be eligible for tax relief.

I've created a ticket through MyAccount with Revenue in January but haven't got a response yet - does anyone know the turnaround time? Any time I call, they're too busy and I have to call back later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Call Revenue at the minute they open the lines to avoid queues: at exactly 9.30am or a minute later.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JoeCat

Unfortunately I don't know, but I have come across a similar issue. Trying to reach PAYE phone number is impossible (they only open from 9:30 to 13:30 and they never take the calls).

I do not understand how can this be possible. We pay so much money on taxes and yet, it's impossible to get an answer from the revenue office. I also opened a new ticket but no answers for 2 months acually the inital documents were sent in October). Also,a ticket I opened many years ago, enquirying about capital tax, was never answered.

Where do our tax money goes to? Also, is it posible to go to any office and talk to any actual human instead of this online crap or a phone number that you never get an answer? It's like living in a 3rd world country, yet paying brutal taxes like a Nordic country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭downtheroad

What's the procedure? Elective surgeries such as cosmetic surgery doesn't qualify. However it would if referred by a GP. If your consultant referred you to get the surgery it may well qualify for tax relief. Just ask here and you'll get a reply quicker than from Revenue (and by the way the response you get from Revenue MyEnquiries is likely to be a copy and paste to the list of qualifying medical expenses).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Like so many public sector departments- zero accountability .

Good pay & Pensions though for those suppoused to be working there.

Advertisement