Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Australians **Mod Warning in Post #129**

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

According to Jay the Aussie girls fúck like Kangaroos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I still prefer Australia tbh. I just find New Zealand to be a more dull, boring and inferior version of Australia.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah downtown sucks really but some great urban villages outside of there, Richmond and St Kilda etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

It gave us this opening couplet.

https://youtu.be/aZSAqDhL-Wk

I think Melbourne has or it had anyway a great city centre. I love the grid layout of the streets. I think it has a lot of character with the trams as well. It beats the pants off Dublin and London imo. Carlton and Fitzroy would be my two favourite Melbourne suburbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Can’t study sources that don’t exist I’m afraid

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mod :-

This thread is about Australians and not the origins of Irish Traveller culture.

Stephen-maturin and Piskin, do not post in this thread again. You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭iniscealtra

Went to a café when I was there. it was nice. Is that culture ? Saw no difference to going to a nice coffee shop here.

I notice online that a few of them make fun of Irish people with the whole to be sure to be sure thing. I post on an aussie rules forum and i get plenty of that nonsense!

The aussie rules team Carlton signed two Irish players a few days ago, and online there was stupid comments like those Irish recruits might get homesick, we better sign two of them to be sure to be sure.

In general i like Australians but that sort of thing does irk me a bit. The Australians seem to be worse for that sort of thing than the English and the Americans imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Those Australian cop shows dont paint Aussies in a good light, they do the most stupid things, like drive at 60 mph in a 30 mph zone when already banned from driving, do burn outs while drunk right beside the cops when banned from driving. Then when they get interviewed after getting 1,500 dollars worth of fines and having their car towed away they say something stupid like "I guess I will have to walk from now on eh haha I got a good bike eh haha" absolute morons, usually aborigines but not always. in fairness Irish people would never react like that because they would have the cop on to know they have made a big mistake and its not a laughing matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I wouldn't read into it too much. We absolutely have people like that here. Poorer areas (Less amenities, jobs, influence of crime etc... ) tend to produce a certain number of outliers the world over and every country has it to one degree or another. Reality TV will cherry pick the biggest outliers to televise too. Some of my behaviours in my 20s certainly did not do Ireland proud either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Was there for a year back in the 90s.

Some observations I had, I appreciate it's a long time ago.

1. They openly despise Asians, especially the Chinese.

2. They are obsessed with money, both their own and how much you have. They always want to tell you how better off they are compared to you.

(I acknowledge it's gotten just as bad here since)

3. Can give a slagging, but can't take one.

4. Terrible losers when it comes to sport, both as spectators and playing.

5. They're not afraid of hard work to be fair.

Overall, when you're around them a while you get used to their personalities.

I thought overall, they were sound enough.

Advertisement