If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Faulty product bought in NI

  • 15-04-2023 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭

    My sister in law in the UK bought a dehumidifier for me on the Currys UK website for collection in Derry.

    It's developed a fault now so I want to return it. What's the best way to handle this? I'd rather not pass any of the process on to her if at all possible.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

    My understanding is that the purchaser would have to return it.

  • Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭elperello

    Where are you located ?

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

    In a case like this, it might be better to contact the manufacturer if the details are in the instruction/warranty booklet.

    From a legal point of view you have no rights with currys - and they are difficult to deal with even for people who are the purchaser.

  • Registered Users Posts: 45,671 ✭✭✭✭muffler

    I would have thought that you should be able to take it back to the store in Derry. I wouldn't want to speculate about what happens after that but as mentioned above Currys are a disaster to deal with when something goes wrong.

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Xterminator

    hi op

    the purchaser has rights as a consumer with curry's. but you also have a manufacturer warranty.

    you could pursue either route, but dealing with the manufacturer route might be less hassle for you. i suggest you try that 1st. in the meantime see can you get a copy of the proof of purchase for currys in case you end up going that route.

  • Advertisement