Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to leixlip

Options
  • 15-04-2023 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, looking for opinions on leixlip. I will be moving there this summer and currently looking at river forest, what is this area like? I have a 9 year old daughter and she will be going to the gael scoil. Are there areas we should stay away from? I have heard lough na mona is not a nice area are there others? Any information on leixslip at all would be greatly appreciated 🙏 🙂

Post edited by unkel on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Your question might be better asked in the Kildare forum, as Leixlip is in Co Kildare.

I lived in River Forest for a number of years, found it to be a grand estate. Nicely laid out, lots of green space, convenient for public transport. Handy set of shops at the entrance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Leixlip is grand, was born and raised there but left around 20 years ago. Some of the family still lives there though, but they're down the far end 🤣🤣. [Note, up the captains hill are the hillers, and past the church are the farenders.]

Riverforest is nice, have friends up there. There's a largeish shopping centre and aldi is a short spin down the hill. Confey GAA is well run and very family orientated and they have a great soccer team in leixlip United.

Some nice pubs and restaurants in leixlip but maynooth seems to have better options and that's a short spin away.

Good public transport with buses and trains and confey college is very well regarded. The canal is lovely for walks and fishing and plenty of other sports around the amenity centre.

There are rough areas, but they're not too bad. LNM has a bad rep but it's not dangerous, and is a fair distance from Riverforest. Every town has rough spots and I wouldn't think leixlip had any worse than others.

Hope it works out for you and if you have any questions, pop me a pm and I'll answer if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 askingformyself

Thanks so much for your reply 😊

Thank you so much! 😁

I think I reposted in the kildare forum now. Thanks for that. I'm new to this 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement