Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turnover time London Stanstead

Options
  • 13-04-2023 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭

Need advice.

Myself and the OH have booked a week's hotel stay in Crete for September but are looking to get a bit longer out of our arrival day as Ryanair lands late from Dublin.

I have currently looked into getting a cheap flight to Stanstead, which lands at 7.15AM, and thus getting a flight from there to Crete which departs at 8.15. But I am not familiar with the lay-out of Stanstead, and don't know whether the hour gap will be enough time for it to work. Is it like other UK airports where the Ryanair terminals tend to be one section?

Anyone have any steady advice? Or perhaps an alternative flight hopping route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,106 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

It's been years since I was in Stansted.

But one hour between fights will never work anywhere.

Think about it, it could take 20 mins from touchdown to getting out into the terminal.

Then you would have to go through security and out to your new gate.

It's impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

why not take a late flight out to stansted the evening before, stay in a cheapie hotel (premier inn/ travellodge) and then you can catch the flight at your leisure the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Stansted runs a bus from steps to Terminal, which only takes a couple of minutes and drops you directly at the terminal, but you would need luck, fate, the weather, the plane layout, the buses, the security queue and the gate layout to go your way. As above, get a half 8/9ish flight the night before, hotel will cost you 80-100 but it'll be worth it for the peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yeah I think we are opting for the night before option, but might even go as far as Athens and skip down from there.

It completely escaped my mind that we'd have to go through security again between flights.

Thanks for the advice folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

do, it’s not a very efficient airport to make your way around, one of the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

1 hour connection time in Stanstead would never work. I wouldn't even feel comfortable there if it was 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Flying in the night before now, staying in the Radisson next door and hopping across to the terminal nice and early the following day.

My mad idea got quashed fairly quickly.

Advertisement