Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Phase (Domestic) Balancing Query

Options
  • 13-04-2023 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have an offer from the ESB at a low enough price to bring three phase into my house the main rationale really being to increase the amount of solar energy I can get through a bigger inverter and to deal with car chargers and a likely heat pump in the future.

However, I'm completely at sea here in terms of knowing the consequences. I've been somewhat assured that the same range of tarriffs and plans are available (subject to the fact it will have to be a d/n meter) but I can't get anywhere on finding out (a) what the standing charge is or (b) whether I need to do anything to my house at all? The concern arises just from a few posts about unbalanced loads and penalisation for this, and I'm lost really in terms of figuring out whether I should full the trigger on this offer or whether I am opening myself up to a lot of unforeseen stuff.

Comments

Advertisement